Can't delete my mods!

memequeen
  • Dupe

Hello! Recently when I tried to play DST, I went to enable my mods and noticed they were like this:

88a19bb4eeb367ea184b78a60a7ddec8.jpg

I've unsubscribed from everything from the Steam workshop and yet these still show up in my game. A couple of Google searches later, I've come to the conclusion that I need to delete the files from my Steam/steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together/mods, but I run into an issue saying I need permission to delete the folders there.

I've tried everything I can think of and what I've searched, but still nothing seems to work... Is there any way I can fix this? I would really love to play modded DST again. Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Loaded up Don't Starve Together. 2. Noticed a lot of my mod files appeared to be "glitched" as they appeared under the name of "workshop-232932" or something similar. There was no apparent reason for this as I hadn't played the game in a little while and the last time I had, the mods worked just fine. 3. Unsubscribed from all of my mods on the workshop. 4. Went to go delete my mods in the Steam/steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together/mods but can't seem to get permission to delete them.

User Feedback

i'm having the same problem, i've deleted many of my mods to try and clear the problem up, but it just wont work and comes up with the same thing as this

Share this comment

3 hours ago, ivorie said:

i'm having the same problem, i've deleted many of my mods to try and clear the problem up, but it just wont work and comes up with the same thing as this

did you try the solution I linked above ? (set rights for folder)

Share this comment

Disconnected due to missing mods and workshop error are caused by Windows 10's folder permissions and NTFS file system.

This is not a problem of the server host, but of the participant.

To solve these problems, you don't have to unsubscribe from the mods.

just delete workshop-********** files in cached_mods folder, mods folder in safe mode.

but this is a temporary solution.

So, another solutions is to install DST in other drive with not NTFS format.

I partitioned my existing NTFS drive into two parts and formatted with the ReFS file system.

Then the symptoms no longer appear.

Edited by koreamm
  • Like 1

Share this comment