Cannot place starcaller staff on moonstone

LindavM
  • Closed

Hello,

I cannot place the starcaller staff on the moonstone and thus cannot start the moonstone event. I tried it with an almost depleted staff as well as with a staff at 100%. I tried it during the full moon and before the night started, and I also tried to mine the moonstone first. I have the feeling it's a bug, though. Hence, I also tried it after swithing all the mods off, and I checked the integrity of the game files by right-clicking the game in my Steam library, then going to properties > installed files > check integrity of game files. This did not solve the problem.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issues?

Best,

Linda

Steps to Reproduce

I am not sure what steps you can take.

For the moonstone event, I have built a little wall around the moonstone with stone and fossils. I simply tried to place the starcaller staff on the moonstone during the night but could not. I am not sure if this is true, but I might have used a rollback on the day of the full moon, although I don't quite remember if this was really on the day of the full moon or already before that.

In case it is relevant: I am playing on Steam, but I do not seem to have the .mdmp file. If I go to Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together > Bin, I have a bunch of .dll files and two .exe files, but nothing like .mdmp.

User Feedback

That was not a dumb question at all, because I did not know you needed to fix the stone first. As a matter of fact, I even tried to destroy it further with a pickaxe first. :wilson_facepalm:

Thank you a lot for answering! It's good to know that it's not a bug.

• Like 1

Share this comment