Cannot join friend's game ["Error occurred while starting the game. Check log for details."]

Luckifrog
  • Pending

My friends and I have been playing using this Shipwrecked mod just fine for the past few days. Today, the host opens the game just fine, our other friend joins easily, but if I try to join it gives me an error {Attached image} "An error occurred while starting the game. Check your log for details." 

I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the game into a drive with more space in case it was due to memory, and I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm at a loss...

We tried opening a game without the Shipwrecked mod and it worked fine, but any game with said mod now won't let me join. Which is very disappointing because I love that mod. :'c

I'll also attach the Client Log text. Not sure what to do about this...

This is the mod, Tropical experience (Just have to subscribe to the three of them to have the host run it): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505270912

---

Also not sure if related, but issues first started happening when we started hoarding koalefants on our little island in a pen.,.., The game sometimes freezes due to the mod so we'd restart the server, and the koalefants slowly but surely all turned into blue whales. The host fixed this by removing all blue whales in the game (removing one by one would crash their game) and, as mentioned, they all now get into the game just fine... but I can't?

New Canvas.png

Steps to Reproduce
Issues truly first started happening when we started hoarding koalefants on our little island in a pen.,.., The game sometimes freezes so we'd restart the server, and the koalefants slowly but surely all turned into blue whales. The host fixed this by removing all blue whales in the game and, as mentioned, they get into the game just fine... but I can't?

User Feedback

As I can read from the log the thing what causes the crash is tigershark_static_layout which according to the log ain't even in the mod files. I recommend using another mod or send me modworldgenmain.lua so I can fix that for you.

Also keep in mind that this Forum Category is only for Vanilla DST not modded game

Share this comment