[BUG] Sounds Set To 0 on Laptop Speakers and on Headphones "[00:00:02]: FMOD Error: Soundcard does not support the minimum features needed for this soundsystem (16bit stereo output). "

Fourite
  • Pending

Hello and Good Day, I have been playing DST for a few years now and this problem happened twice where the sounds are automatically set to 0 even if I apply changes to it. I have done several stuffs to fix this mess through following the solutions DST fixes on "no sounds". December is upon us and I wouldnt want to miss the fun things happening in the event. Without any sound in DST its quite boring since there are music cues to know danger, to know you've finished an action, etc. I wouldn't want to play DST without any sounds. The first time this has happened I only needed to troubleshoot and wait for the next DST update but now I do not know what to do I have spent an accumulated 3 and half hours testing everything I can except reformatting the laptop I have.  Windows 10

I have sent the DxDiag and Client_log.text in this thread
The Methods I Used To Fix This Mess
1. Check Volume Mixer To See If DST Is Muted
2. Apply Changes of Sounds in DST Menu
3. Update Audio Drivers
4. Troubleshoot Sounds while tweaking a few stuffs and check whether if that fixes the problem, if not revert it back to default
5. Update Windows for any sound updates
6. Uninstall/Disable Audio Drivers and then Update it once more
7. Change the client settings of dst  to 10
8. Run Steam As Administrator
9.Run DST As Administrator
10. Troubleshoot Compatibility Issues In DST Application
11. Verify Integrity of Files
12. Uninstall DST and then Reinstall
13. Restart
14. Changed the 16 bit to 24bit sounds to test still no avail

And Many More Ways But That's All I've Remembered To Do
I also know this has been an issue with Realtek and Dont Starve Games but I just want to get this over with I mean I spent hundreds of hours in this game I wouldnt want it to go to waste

Thank you for reading and I hope you can find a solution to this mess I have

client_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
I dont know it sort of happened I mean discord voice chat sometimes bugs out sounds. It seems my Laptop couldnt handle multiple app sounds coming through in or out. Just Maybe that mightve been it but idk

User Feedback

I almost forgot Dont Starve Together is the only game that has the "no sound" problems to me, games like Hollow Knight, Rainbow Six Siege, Maplestory, etc. are all okay. Its just DST thats been bugging me and that game has been my favourite

Share this comment

@Fourite I've had this issue happen twice before. The way I was able to fix it was to set the speakers to 16 bit playback instead of 24. I think you said you did this though, but I'll list it anyway.

Control Panel -> Playback Devices Tab -> Select Speakers -> Properties -> Advanced -> Set default format to 16bits 48000 Hz.

Would be nice to know if it worked for you.

Edit: Here are two instances where this worked for other people. Instance one and instance two.

Edited by lakhnish

Share this comment

Thank You For The Response, Sadly I Tried That Solution But Still No Avail. I Guess My Situation Is More Complex Than Usual "No Sound" Problems
If There Are Any More Details You Need To Know To Find A Solution To My Problem I'll Post It Here As Soon As I Read It 

Share this comment