Beefalo Speed Decreased After Entering the Caves and Returning to the Surface.

Xoddam
  • Pending

When a beefalo that is bonded to a bell is taken to the caves and then returns to the surface, the beefalo's speed when ridden will be decreased, and the beefalo will appear to jitter while running if viewed by another player. This seems to only affect games with multiple players; however, more testing is needed. Changing settings such as lag prediction to none does not fix the issue. This issue is also present if the bell remains on the surface and only the player enters the caves. Possible solutions I have found as of now include exiting and reloading the world, or taking the beefalo onto a boat. The boat method does not work all the time and the boat must be moving at a decently fast speed i.e not drifting. This is not a game-breaking bug but is annoying especially when using an ornery beefalo with a war saddle as it makes it difficult to kite with.

Edit #1: After more testing if a beefalo and it's bell are left on the surface while the player goes into the caves, upon returning to the surface the beefalo speed seems to be fine.

Steps to Reproduce

1) Bond a beefalo to a Beefalo Bell.

2) Domesticate the bonded beefalo.

3) Enter the caves with the Beefalo Bell, or leave the bell on the surface and enter the caves.

4) Return to the surface with the Beefalo Bell.

5) Ride the beefalo and the beefalo's speed will be slower than what it was before it was brought to the caves.

Edit #1: Updated step 2

2) Enter the caves with the Beefalo Bell

User Feedback

We've tested with and without our server and client mods enabled, and the issue is still present. It seems to be a multiplayer only issue based on my testing.

Share this comment

oh sorry to somehow necro this but ill just repost a comment i just made on another thread;
This happens to me aswell, my temporary fix is turning lag compensation off and the permanent one is just spending one use from the saddlehorn to take the saddle off so its speed resets.
From what i can understand its the saddle that's bugged, when i look at the item itself using the beefalo widged mod to display it while im riding its durability isnt shown, and the same thing happens to items with skins stored on my backpack when i go up\down stairs. So i'll just assume it's the same bug and that it'll get patched soon.

Share this comment