Bee Boxes not making honey

CossonWool
  • Pending

A beebox I made didn't produce any honey from early autumn to late spring, it didn't generate any honey even when they had flowers right next to the box (as close as they can possibly be placed). I wasn't running past the beebox so I don't think it was loaded much if at all.

I know that beeboxes don't make honey in winter, but I'm fairly sure there should have been at least some honey from autumn / spring.

I didn't have any mods on my server, and all world gen settings were default. Caves were enabled.

Steps to Reproduce
Make a beebox in early autumn, make sure it has a flower right next to it. Unload the beebox. Wait until late spring. Check on how much honey the box hasn't produced.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Are your bebboxes too far from the place you are chilling most the time? That's the problem. Game loads something like 12 tiles in every direction, so if your beebox are farther, they will not produce at all. You can try be near them for one day and you will notice, that they do produce. So the solve of your problem - make them more near to base. Also, they require a lot of flowers.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Shpinatik said:

Game loads something like 12 tiles in every direction, so if your beebox are farther, they will not produce at all.

Have you tested this? I was able to get them to generate honey while unloaded during some summer days. Maybe my testing method was wrong and my results were incorrect, but I haven't been told otherwise by anyone who has done their own testing. Based off my personal experience I believe it's intended that they should be able to make honey while unloaded not only in summer, but also in autumn and spring.

• Like 1

Share this comment

It is just the last i was playing with my friend. We have 26 beeboxes far from oasis base. They were not producing at all. And one summer i decided to chill near them the whole summer. Just made endothermic firepit. I was collecting 210+ honey each day, as they were filling their beeboxes like 1.5 times during the day, that i was collecting. About number of tiles, you can chek aerial view mod and you can see objects hiding from the view after you go far enought. And sorry for my english.

Edited by Shpinatik

Share this comment