Bearger Issues: Hit detection and damage in New Reign beta

boltthundara
  • Pending

Not sure if the damage qualifies as a bug, but he's doing 150 to my Wigfrid which is ALOT higher than the wiki has listed. My party got completely wrecked if we tried to tank him, even with high quality armors. Tore through my Marble Suit and Battle Helm like they were paper.

Which led to the other issue. When we couldn't tank him, I sent everyone back to base and started trying to kite him. The problem was his hit detection didn't even come CLOSE to matching the actual range to deal damage to him. If I simply clicked on him, I'd run up to about the edge of HIS melee range and start swinging, without actually doing damage. Likewise, if I held down the "F" key. I kept having to manually move closer to him and THEN start attacking Eventually he got the better of me because this awkward process couldn't always get me out of range in time.

EDIT: Also, I couldn't seem to damage him with Gunpowder after putting him to sleep? No matter how close I set it to him, it seemed to have no effect? Basing that mostly off the Health Status mod, which shows the current health of any mob you mouse over.

Steps to Reproduce
Fighting Bearger as Wigfrid in New Reign beta using a Ham Bat, Log Suit, Battle Helm, and Marble suit. Stand some distance away and left click on Bearger to attack it. You should stop outside of range to deal damage but start swinging anyway. Also, stand a short distance away and use the "F" key to attack. You'll move in to attack but stand outside of range to do damage. To test the damage aspect, just get hit while wearing no armor. To test the gunpowder, put him to sleep and try to light gunpowder near him

User Feedback

Slam has multiple hit boxes, don't tank it.

Poor hit detection probably from lag.

Gunpowder radius is pretty small. Did you try pushing from the other side?

Share this comment