Backpack glitchd after sailing for awhile

Mday
  • Pending

The character trying to repair an thermal stone that is in the backpack. I think the game failed to find the actually location of the thermal stone or the backpack and hence the character went circling. 

other related backpack issue:

1) When sailing, chester on boat go nuts looking for it's eyebone. This happen when the backpack is glitched, and you place the eyebone in the backpack.

2) When the backpack is glitched, if you pick up an item that is suppose to go into an empty slot in the backpack, the item will not show and seemingly disappeared, but it has actually already been pick up and is not sitting in the empty backpack slot. To get the disappeared item back, you need to use your mouse to manually place another item at the "empty slot" in your backpack.

Steps to Reproduce

Only happen after sailing for awhile.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I think I found out how to reproduce the glitch.

1) wear your backpack when you are on a boat.

2) pick up a sculpt like item (e.g Sunken Chest) where the game will force drop your backpack automatically.

3) now pick up the backpack. 

The backpack is now glitched.

Edited by Mday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

This happens to me too. But the glitch persists even with new backpacks, off the boat, and even after restarting the game :( 

EDIT: Lifting something on land (like a suspicious marble) so the glitched backpack auto unequips fixes the issue.

Edited by batkin
found a fix

Share this comment