Audio settings reset after I change them (yes i hit apply)

Tarrare
  • Pending

Dont starve together

I have over 1000 hours in game and I dont recall this happening until now. I hopped in game to find my game on mute, figured my audio was mixed up on my end so I restarted but to no avail.  I realized my audio was set to 0 in all three categories despite me not leaving it on zero. I swapped them to 10, hit apply, and went back in game to it still being mute. I went back to options to see it had reset to 0. My other setting like screen shake do actually change when I change them so I believe this is specific to audio.

I have restarted steam and my computer several times. I have re installed DST twice. I found a post online saying that changing the audio bit rate to 16 bit, 48khz helped. I tried this but it did not work. I do not know what else to do and I am especially confused because this seems to have happened completely unprovoked. I have never used mods of any sort. I have "subscribed" to two yet I have never actually enabled them and these are extremely popular mods anyways.

Steps to Reproduce
Any time I try to change it in settings.

User Feedback

I forgot to mention that my audio is working for everything else, youtube, spotify, other steam games and non steam games

Share this comment

This did not work

I literally factory reset my computer and re-installed steam and DST. This worked but I hope the bug is patched anyway because it is a little ridiculous to do this whenever the bug arises as I have seen report of it as early as 2016 at least for regular DS. 

Nevertheless thank you to all one person who took the time to respond to this, although it didnt help im thankful you used a few moments of your day to do something that could benefit others with no benefit to yourself

Share this comment