Apply button in-accessible because resolution is too high

Bogan pee
  • Fixed

when my friend was changing his settings, he accidentally made his resolution too high, and couldn't change it back because the apply button was hidden. im not sure if anyone else has the same issue or has any fixes but if you do please let me know. he has tried everything he could to fix it but it is not working, and it is quite frustrating. here is a recreation of what my friend is seeing on the main menu

image.png.c82ac323c830b8d5d24a72f799cf4135.png

Steps to Reproduce

1 go to options in Don't Starve Together

2 go to graphics in settings

3 set your resolution higher than you screen size

4 press apply

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

has anyone found a fix for this yet? ive been waiting for a while now...

Share this comment

ok seriosly, what is taking  so long to find a fix for this? its nearly been 24 hours!

Share this comment

To try and fix this, your friend should be able to reset their game's resolution and display settings to the default values by deleting a specific file called "client.ini" in their Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ folder.

• If they go into their Documents folder at \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\(various numbers)\ and delete the client.ini file, this will force the game to reset all settings back to their default values.

• The next time they launch the game successfully, they should be able to reset the display resolution display settings to their preferred values from in-game once more.
  • Like 2

Share this comment

tysm man, ur a lifesaver! now i can play dst with my mate again

Edited by Bogan pee
Mistake in spelling

Share this comment