A world is bugged?

Camdam69
  • Pending

So I'm hosting a world with my buddies, we play for a little bit, all is good, we turn the server off and take a break. We try to play again (I'm hosting, by the way) and they cannot connect to my server. It tells them "This server is not responding", HOWEVER if I create another world, they can connect just fine.

Any ideas? Maybe it's a client thing, I would just enjoy a hand.

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game for a bit, turn the world off, and try to connect after.

User Feedback

Hello @Camdam69, welcome to the forums. Can you attach the server_log.txt file found under the server files? If you are hosting through the Host Game in-client screen, then the server_log.txt would be under which ever server slot you were hosting.

If you were hosting your server from the server slot number 3, the server_log.txt would be in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_3\Master and Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_3\Caves.

If you were hosting the server from slot number 1, the server_log.txt would be in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master and Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves

etc.

These server_log.txt would help diagnosing what's wrong with your server as why it's rejecting your friends from joining. Make sure the server_log.txt's you are going to attach are in fact the server_log.txt of the server that is showing "This server is not responding" to your friends when they attempt to connect.

Share this comment

I'd like to point out that it's working just fine now! I'll still attach the file because it's almost as if the connection needs to "Calm down" between users. Thanks for the help!

server_log.txt

Share this comment

And it's stopped working now. It's quite odd. We were playing just fine, and now it tells him the server is not responding. I really appreciate the help you're giving me. Thank you!

Share this comment

@Camdam69 everything does seem fine with the first server_log.txt you shared. Mind getting the server_log.txt again right after the "server is not responding" happens to your friends when they try to join?

Share this comment

Now the server is working and online. A "Fix" we've done is open a server on another slot, he connects, close that server then open the server he's had trouble connecting to. So there's that I guess

Share this comment

@Camdam69 On the log seems only you as host was noted as the only player that attempted and successfully to join the server. 

And yes, your internet has great effect on how well you'll be able to run the server. Sadly, I'm not well versed enough to think of a solution to specifically fix the issue. 

Fortunately, you found a fix before I could even reply. I'd recommend setting the executable's in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin to Run program as administrator if it happens again. Might fix any permission issues that could be causing the rejections. 

Have fun, cheers.

Share this comment