64bit version freezes computer

ArubaroBeefalo
  • Pending

while playing dst 64bit version my pc freeze (even with blue screen one of the times) after few minutes of playtime. Also the performance was kinda poor with constant fps drop that, my guess, shoudlnt happend with my computer

specs

Spoiler

image.png.9d0253921723d772a0f85aefdae9a56a.png

image.png.bc67e2cf44a7dc92488fb6e592590889.png

I have tried to play in 32b and nothing happend in the time i tried (if we dont take in count the constant fps drops)

im using an amd graphic card but all the graphic settings are diseable 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c2a512974466d7385637293b66ea7bf2.png

image.thumb.png.90029dd7341f23fd7de641980a86a116.png

i have tried to verify the dst files and reinstall the game, the graphic drivers are up to date

DxDiag.txt

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

play the game for few minutes

• Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

I am having the same issue. It happens after playing for a few hours, just locks up on me. Got a blank green screen once. 2nd time no green screen. Audio in the game repeats, and YouTube videos I have in the background will keep going for a little while before cutting out. 

Had to turn the computer off manually both times, can't open task manager, and no response when trying alt+f4. 

• Big Ups 1

Share this comment

I am having the exact same issue right now, not blue or green screens, but the game just freezes and i can still hear the game audio looping, i can hear my friends talking in discord for a while and then after a while i cant  no longer hear them and doesnt matter if i trie Alt + F4 or Ctrl + Alt + Del it does not respond and it happens after playing a few hour. Did anyone knows hot to fix this yet?

My specs are: 

AMD Ryzen 5660g

16GB RAM 

512GB SSD + 1TB HDD

AMD Radeon 6500xt (4GB VRAM)

I play with a friend with a lot worse specs and his game just runs perfect. I uninstalled the game and tried to install it again several times, it doesnt work. 

Share this comment

On 9/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, KeitanVG said:

I am having the exact same issue right now, not blue or green screens, but the game just freezes and i can still hear the game audio looping, i can hear my friends talking in discord for a while and then after a while i cant  no longer hear them and doesnt matter if i trie Alt + F4 or Ctrl + Alt + Del it does not respond and it happens after playing a few hour. Did anyone knows hot to fix this yet?

My specs are: 

AMD Ryzen 5660g

16GB RAM 

512GB SSD + 1TB HDD

AMD Radeon 6500xt (4GB VRAM)

I play with a friend with a lot worse specs and his game just runs perfect. I uninstalled the game and tried to install it again several times, it doesnt work. 

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I’m currently experiencing the exact same issues you’ve covered in detail and I’m slowly running out of ideas on how to fix this.. Currently this is only happening with DST of all things.

specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Radeon RX 6750 XT

16Gb RAM at 3200Mhz

1Tb M2 drive + other non-related drives

So far I’ve done the usual stuff: reinstall game, verify integrity of game files, get rid of mods.

I’ve cleaned up my drivers with DDU and done a full reinstall along with BIOS and Windows updates. I’ve played around with old GPU drivers, tampered with its clock speed, adjusted TdrDelay.

I’ve ran tests on my CPU, GPU, RAM and all seem to be passing with flying colors. This issue started around the start of this year and I had played plenty of DST before these problems began. No changes to hardware and afaik Windows should be the only thing updating on the software side - no new drivers or the sort.

I’m tearing out the little hair I’ve left on my head. I’ll be sure to post any fix I might find, but for now I pray someone has already found cure for this illness.

Share this comment

On 1/18/2024 at 10:46 PM, Turtleon said:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I’m currently experiencing the exact same issues you’ve covered in detail and I’m slowly running out of ideas on how to fix this.. Currently this is only happening with DST of all things.

specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Radeon RX 6750 XT

16Gb RAM at 3200Mhz

1Tb M2 drive + other non-related drives

So far I’ve done the usual stuff: reinstall game, verify integrity of game files, get rid of mods.

I’ve cleaned up my drivers with DDU and done a full reinstall along with BIOS and Windows updates. I’ve played around with old GPU drivers, tampered with its clock speed, adjusted TdrDelay.

I’ve ran tests on my CPU, GPU, RAM and all seem to be passing with flying colors. This issue started around the start of this year and I had played plenty of DST before these problems began. No changes to hardware and afaik Windows should be the only thing updating on the software side - no new drivers or the sort.

I’m tearing out the little hair I’ve left on my head. I’ll be sure to post any fix I might find, but for now I pray someone has already found cure for this illness.

No fix, but developments regarding this issue:

I managed to replicate this issue in another Windows system while using the same GPU as before.
This lead me to believe that my GPU had become faulty and I sent it to its manufacturer for repairs. It bounced back without any procedures made, since the repair service couldn't find anything wrong with the graphics card.

This leads me to believe that the current version of DST has compatibility issues with said GPU. KeitanVG in the replies before me was experiencing these very same issues with an AMD 6000-series GPU just as I have. Even OP is on an AMD graphics based system.
After all I have not managed to produce any system freezes or crashes with any other game or software. This of course doesn't rule out that the card might be faulty, but for now it seems unlikely.

This issue began for me around the change of the year, so end of 2023 and start of 2024.
I got the card in Autumn 2023 iirc. I can't say for certain how much I've played DST since then leading up to these system freezes. Suppose it's something I could find looking at old server logs. I can say that DST must be among the least performance intensive games that I frequent, as I got the card specifically for the release of Armored Core 6 and I've never come across any stutters or FPS drops in DST to begin with.

Currently I've enjoyed DST with an old GTX 570 and I haven't had any trouble what so ever.

I sincerely hope this will be of use to anyone looking to fix this issue, be it the good people of Klei, AMD or anyone else for that matter.

Share this comment