Stuck in a loop while generating new world

Pig Princess
  • Fixed

I've tried to check as much world generation options as possible in terms whether they work or not, and started from "none" to everything spawning initially in the world (didn't touch world regrowth etc.), and world couldn't generate after 10+ minutes. Then I tried to narrow amount of affected things and figured out, that even if the only changed option is selestial fissures set to "none", world is stuck in infinite loop. I've tried to generate the opposite world: selestial fissures on default and everything else initially spawning set to none, then allowed grass and twigs on both shards, but world still can't generate. I will continue to try different options for different objects, but wanted to report the issue; if game allows to change some things in world customization menu, it should be possible to generate the world, I think. So far everything set to none (initially spawning) in the cave world works correctly, world regrowth doesn't seem to affect possibility of infinite loop.

Also for caves there are no options to customise amount of stalagmites, flintless rocks, vitreoasises and a lot of stuff in archives/ruins, but for the latter two areas I believe it is not possible to make versatile options since their generation seems to be set piece-based.

Upd: Everything on "little" also doesn't work, I've waited more that 15 minutes trying to generate world.

Upd2: If everything is set to none, there is infinite loop, but if player cancels world generation and relogs, new world appers, but not every time for some strange reason.

Steps to Reproduce

1. On world customization screen open world generation screen for forest and set selestial fissures to "none".

2. Wait 10+ minutes at world generation stage unable to launch server.

3. Change selestial fissure option back to default, and generate world successfully.

4. Try different options (selestial fissures on defaul, everything else in world generation options on none), which should work, but be also stuck in endless loop.

5. Change only cave options for world generation to none, leave forest on default and generate world successfully.

6. Try to fugure out what is going wrong and get tired.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.