World timer / Mumsy broke

Caxir
  • Pending

Gorge never got hungry and Mumsy never spoke to any players in game.

20180617231458_1.jpg

20180617232200_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
After queuing up under quickplay I was placed in a server with two other players, one left and we waited about 10 minutes for another player to join with no luck. After starting the game with our optimism of only 2/3 players, we spawned in and ran off to do our roles only, Mumsy never spoke to us. I went back and couldn't get anything out of her.  The world timer too wouldn't tick down and the gorge remained stagnant the entire 20 minutes we messed around. beefalo would still poop, potatoes and berries still would spoil but nothing we did would activate anything. The only NPC we could interact with was the elder and traded for a shovel and poop, but nothing more came out of that prospect. Other things to note would be that we couldn't find eachother under "View players" from "recent games" under the steam UI, although we had great connection to steam servers and no lag/rubber-banding to the Klei dedicated server. Also the "examine" menu for other players where you view eachother's cosmetics would not show up under any circumstances. Not sure if it's important but interesting enough to note. Maybe set under some "Perfect" bad conditions for the game? still was fun to push Mumsy to the elder, (I couldn't push her at all but the other player was able to). Left the server, restarted DST and was able to join in on another game. Hopefully that gives some insight, not sure if it can be replicated, but still sucked.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Hello @Caxir, welcome to the forums. I think it would also be very beneficial to the devs if you could provide the client_log.txt files that generated right after this happened. If it's been a while since then and you've played a handful of games between that bugged match and now, chances are your current client_log.txt will not reflect what happened in the screenshots. 

So on top of attaching (drag drop to reply box) the client_log.txt file found in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether, do also include the backup client_log.txt files in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\backup (atleast the latest 2 client_log.txt files).

I hope that makes sense.

Share this comment