Lua error

zorgezz
  • Pending

No idea what is happening but, every time I go to start a server or join a forge server or anything really I get some Lua error message and the game is completely unplayable. Occasionally I can get into a server but it doesn't save any of my progress. I've read all over that it has to do with mods but I've never even installed or used a single mod. I've only had the game for 2 days and unfortunately now its unplayable. I've seen forums say to uninstall and delete local content, and that doesn't seem to work. I've literally spent more time trying to fix this issue than I have playing the game. I'm past the 2 hour play time so I physically cannot refund it on steam. I enjoyed the small portion of the game I did get to see but this is just getting me really frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steps to Reproduce
Try to play the game in any form.....

User Feedback

Hello @zorgezz, welcome to the forums. Next time game crashes with LUA ERROR, please do not instantly reopen DST but instead go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether and make a copy of the client_log.txt and attach that file to here when you make a reply. That way the devs can help isolate what could possibly be going wrong.

Always attach a copy of your log files when the game crashes.

Share this comment