Slow Gameplay Around the New Biome and Boats

thegreatJash
  • Fixed

Hello, today I have a very strange bug to report. I honestly don't even know of this is a bug or not, just something that is impossible to ignore. Instead of the framerates dropping when my potato PC has a hard time loading the game, the game just slows down. It's so weird. It's not only the animations, either, it's the actually playing of the game. It takes over twice as long to build something when the game is in this state. I always does this when I enter the new biome, and the framerate says that it's dropping, but it doesn't seem to be as much as it says. It also slows down significantly when around a large amount of boats. Curious that the new biome and the new boats are the only things that seem to do this. It doesn't matter if I'm playing the 32 or 64 bit version of the game, the problem persists. Heck, it actually seems to be worse in the 64 bit version. Here's a clip on the 64 bit of the game. 

As you can see, it's already starting to slow down. This is because I'm already around the biome and a couple of boats in the ocean. It's unplayable. I know it probably has something to do with the performance of the computer, but nothing has been this bad. As soon as I touch the biome it goes sloth mode. It has only started to do this after the beta releases, in the beta build. I also have tested outside of the beta build, nothing is wrong. Even with dozens of boats outside the beta, nothing. Inside the beta build, even large bases with lots of chests don't seem to slow the game down as much a 3 or 4 boats. I just don't get it. I would much rather play with lower framerate than a straight up slower game. 

Steps to Reproduce

Being around boats and the new biome slows the game down significantly, to the point of it being almost unplayable. Is it the code of boats, the biome, the new biome effects? I have no idea. My only guess is the new 64 and 32 bits versions, or some sort massive mistake in the biome and boat code. Just walking in the new biome or tons of boats causes this. Nobody else seems to be experiencing these problems, except for my brother, who has a slightly better computer. The effect is slightly less worse on his computer, but still rather significant.

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

please run 

TheSim:Profile(2)

and then upload the profile.json generated in your DoNotStarveTogetherBetaBranch folder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

please run 

and then upload the profile.json generated in your DoNotStarveTogetherBetaBranch folder

excuse me where  i run this/?

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Ali Salman said:

excuse me where  i run this/?

Hit (the key right below escape) and then copy that code in. if it says Remote next to the input box, hit ctrl so that you toggle it to Local, if you don't see Local or Remote, then you don't need to do anything.

• Like 1

Share this comment

15 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

please run 

here ya go

profile.json

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Hit (the key right below escape) and then copy that code in. if it says Remote next to the input box, hit ctrl so that you toggle it to Local, if you don't see Local or Remote, then you don't need to do anything.

Here's mine as well. I don't know if you'll need both, but just in case.

profile.json

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Ali Salman said:

here ya go

Could you please run this in the area you are experiencing lag, and upload it again?

54 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Here's mine as well. I don't know if you'll need both, but just in case.

What is your operating system?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

2 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Could you please run this in the area you are experiencing lag, and upload it again?

What is your operating system?

I am using a Windows 10 system.

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

I am using a Windows 10 system.

Can you enable threaded rendering and let me know if that helps?
(and if it doesn't fix it, send me another profile.)

• Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

here ya go again :D

profile.json

Share this comment

On 7/30/2021 at 11:00 PM, zarklord_klei said:

Alright, it still seems to slow down even with the threaded rendering.

profile.json

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Alright, it still seems to slow down even with the threaded rendering.

Is it better or worse though?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

49 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Is it better or worse though?

Honestly, I can't tell. It seems the non-threaded one sped up a tiny bit in some instances. You can take a look for yourself.

Unthreaded:

Threaded:

Edited by thegreatJash

Share this comment