Local server does not show up in LAN server browser

Electroely
  • Fixed

When hosting my own dedicated server, I'm usually able to join it by changing the "Connection" filter to "LAN." On the beta though, the server list continues to appear empty even when the server is up and running. It shows up with the rest of the game servers in the Online server browser, but it doesn't appear in the LAN server browser. I have asked a friend to check for the same issue and they're able to confirm it.

I am still able to locally connect to the server using c_connect("localhost") in the debug console.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Host a local dedicated server
2. Try to join it via the LAN server browser
3. See that it doesn't appear

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have the exact same issue since the last update. Tried restarting both machines, running in both 64 and 32 bit, hosting a different test game on both the PCs. Nothing allowed the games to show up in the LAN server browser list. Able to ping both computers and they are clearly communicating.

Thanks to Electroely for mentioning the c_connect("ServerName") method of skipping the LAN browser screen and connecting directly though, that did work for me to connect to the server despite it not showing up in the LAN server list.

Share this comment