Dragonscale Turf not working as before

GLERMZ
  • Pending

I dont know what is the cause but before the edge of the Dragonscale turf was still fire proof now it isnt.

image.thumb.png.b1764c62e01508c45525ab4020b9c6d3.png

As you can see in the picture, the closest seed didnt burn but the one in the edge did. this makes places that before worked like the one i will show next, not work anymore.

image.thumb.png.cd4e257509ee394b4073e07cdf2e6960.png

I used to be able to put a seed in this tile, while having the starcaller in that position, it's not longer possible. The Dragonscale turf being under the farm plot still made it work on that very edge. It doesnt anymore.

Steps to Reproduce

1. PLant dragonscale turf on the ground
2. Put 2 seeds, one closer to the dwarf star the other on the edge of the turf.

• Big Ups 1

User Feedback

Due to how turf layering works, the scale turf looks a bit bigger than the actual turf box itself. Try hovering your cursor over the turf with a pitchfork and see if it actually is in the turf.(pretty sure it's not)

Edited by _zwb

Share this comment

4 hours ago, _zwb said:

Due to how turf layering works, the scale turf looks a bit bigger than the actual turf box itself. Try hovering your cursor over the turf with a pitchfork and see if it actually is in the turf.(pretty sure it's not)

Mate,  i was pretty clear in the post. This worked for 1,000 days now its not working. I didnt switch the placement.

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, GLERMZ said:

Mate,  i was pretty clear in the post. This worked for 1,000 days now its not working. I didnt switch the placement.

For the first one the star is cast at the centre of tile. For the second one it is cast at where appears to be the edge of farm tile.

20230721210808_1.thumb.jpg.bad01e5e96a6be43be27b8d26e956a72.jpg20230721210821_1.thumb.jpg.0fdbc9836d5afd6998e77dbcb7a3aef2.jpg20230721211439_1.thumb.jpg.1e28eb9bce9ad99258de65bb64ee841d.jpg20230721211445_1.thumb.jpg.3514d88bad7499385a2bfab9aa720f28.jpg

Edited by _zwb
a little more explanation

Share this comment

2 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

image.thumb.png.aac962b35b4be66cdc507bb406336fff.png

If you need more screenshots, before this last hotfix, specially one during summer i can dig more vods
ps. Just occured to me that they did Dwarf Stars changes because of wormwood, maybe thats where the bug is happenning and is now having more range than used to. One thing is clear, things are different :)

I just checked game files and they didn't change the dwarf star nor the propagator component(controls soldering etc), I don't think this is the cause.

I've tested this on both live version and beta version, the seeds at the corner burn in both cases. I copied the save files from one to another so I'm certain that the star is at the same position, so the same layout produced same results, can't replicate "it worked before"...

I guess it's either the positioning of the dwarf star or that turfs actually extend themselves on 2 directions but that doesn't make sense because the turf layout is the same.

Also how did you cast the star at the same position every time? I'm very curious

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, _zwb said:

I just checked game files and they didn't change the dwarf star nor the propagator component(controls soldering etc), I don't think this is the cause.

I've tested this on both live version and beta version, the seeds at the corner burn in both cases. I copied the save files from one to another so I'm certain that the star is at the same position, so the same layout produced same results, can't replicate "it worked before"...

I guess it's either the positioning of the dwarf star or that turfs actually extend themselves on 2 directions but that doesn't make sense because the turf layout is the same.

Also how did you cast the star at the same position every time? I'm very curious

You pretty much stating that for 1000 days i was lucky in placing my dwarf star? There reason i know its in the same spot always, first because i have 4 Dwarf corners, you just see two in this picture. (imagine not being able to do any of the 4 corners now but before i could do all of them, guess i was just lucky, every single time??) But the reason i know its on the same spot is because of the pillars and its diagonal shape, it guides me (i use diagonal camera position, so i can place it exacly centered and in the closes position available for the dwarf start)Its always the same spot. I even tried a bit to the right, a bit to the left, outcome is the same. I dont know what changed, but it changed.

In the end its up to the devs to see if there is anything that might have changed. And if they never find it so be it, i will adapt and not use first row of that square. But you just trying to fight my playing experience of over 600 days in the beta this past week, and that pretty much i got lucky, in 4 corners, every time i farmed, and now i can't even find any spot where this does not happen.

Also to make this clear, i don't know what changed, I thought i t could have been the Turf it probably isnt, i thought it could be the Dwarf Star it probably isnt, all based on your assumptions, one thing i know for sure, is that something change, and it wasn't my farm :)

Edited by GLERMZ

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, GLERMZ said:

But you just trying to fight my playing experience of over 600 days in the beta this past week,

I'm not trying to fight you, I'm just showing you this safe spot can't be replicated, at least not on my device. Kinda funny how you say I'm stubborn and fighting you, I'm just trying to help with this bug and gave some guesses on the cause.

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, _zwb said:

I'm not trying to fight you, I'm just showing you this safe spot can't be replicated, at least not on my device. Kinda funny how you say I'm stubborn and fighting you, I'm just trying to help with this bug and gave some guesses on the cause.

I did edited way before your reply the stubborn because yeah i felt that wasn't the case, but you definitely fighting it in a sense, in the way that you express there are no changes whatsoever, but fair enough. Appreciate the help in that case :)

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Wavey 1

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, GLERMZ said:

I did edited way before your reply the stubborn because yeah i felt that wasn't the case, but you definitely fighting it in a sense, in the way that you express there are no changes whatsoever, but fair enough. Appreciate the help in that case :)

I guess my wording makes it look like I'm fighting, oh well, sorry for that.:wilson_love:

Share this comment