Buggy Rift Despawn mechanics

Electroely
  • Fixed

1. The rift will not despawn until a player approaches it. This is recorded in the video below:

2. Under certain conditions (ones I could not determine confidently, but suspect have to do with reloading while the rift is active), the rift will not despawn properly. TheWorld.components.riftspawner:GetDebugString() will return Lunar Rifts ON - Number of rifts: 1 | Rift spawn time: - despite the fact that no lunar rift can be found, even with c_countprefabs and c_gonext. If you check the rift via riftspawner:GetRifts(), you will see that rift:IsValid() returns false.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Let rift spawn
2. reload the world(?)
3. Let the rift spawn all of its brightshades
4. notice the rift hasn't gone away, approach the rift
5. notice that it disappears as soon as you get a certain distance near it
6. check number of the rifts in the world with print(TheWorld.components.riftspawner:GetDebugString()) and see that it might say a rift still exists

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

2. Under certain conditions (ones I could not determine confidently, but suspect have to do with reloading while the rift is active), the rift will not despawn properly. TheWorld.components.riftspawner:GetDebugString() will return Lunar Rifts ON - Number of rifts: 1 | Rift spawn time: - despite the fact that no lunar rift can be found, even with c_countprefabs and c_gonext. If you check the rift via riftspawner:GetRifts(), you will see that rift:IsValid() returns false.

I am unable to reproduce this one the portal being in sleep state has been fixed. If you know of any reproduce steps for this we can take more steps for fixing this.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thank you for fixing the despawn bug!

I apologize about the other bug, though, turns out that was an error on my part. I had a fix for a previous bug related to the riftspawner that I forgot to remove when the bug was officially patched, and the incompatibility led to the issue.

Share this comment