Bees & Shores

stl1234
  • Pending

What is going on with bees near the ocean? I see them constantly getting stuck on the shoreline, not going back to their boxes, not going for flowers, not moving in any way. I think they may be trying to go onto the ocean, which they cannot (why BTW? it is weird that flying creatures cannot cross into the ocean). They do however respond to their friends being in trouble, after they calm down, they go back to the same spot and continue doing nothing. Once they get to this state new bees seem to be generated in the bee boxes.

I don't know if anything specific is happening here, since I notice this only after some time of doing other things and then coming back to the area. I don't know how much time needs to pass either. However, I took a backup of my save and I can share it if it would help diagnosing the issue.

Edit: adding: screenshots

Day 204, 5 bees stuck. This instance may be caused by walls, which I've built to protect the flowers from prime apes, which pick and eat flowers. However, I've seen this without walls as well. Previously I had another group stuck, breaking nearby walls didn't get them unstuck. 

20160319201103_1.thumb.jpg.759096baf0c7f

Day 208: Same 2 bees still stuck. Unfortunately other have been eaten by a lureplant.

20160319204959_1.thumb.jpg.af355a3adc414

Steps to Reproduce
1- Craft bee boxes near the shoreline. 2- Survive for some period of time both around and away from bee boxes(5-20 days?) 3- Check bee boxes. Expected: They continue to function normally. Actual: A number of bees are stuck on the ocean shoreline.

User Feedback

I've never seen this with Wildbores, so I'm not sure if that is the same problem. This one I've seen on 3 different worlds with both normal and killer bees.

Share this comment

When you say on the shoreline is it right on the shoreline, so that the Beebox is basically partially in the water?

Share this comment

No, it is entirely on land (it is even not on the tile that borders the ocean). I'll get a screenshot of this to clarify.

Share this comment

I've not checked specifically, but "CapyChristian" has my saved game which probably has some bees stuck, which could help with investigation. It is the same game from screenshots above.

Share this comment