Audio is out of sync with animation

stl1234
  • Can't Reproduce

Started a game with Wilbur after the update on 25th. The sound of standard actions (such as chopping a tree), comes after about a second later than where it should be. I didn't notice it at first, which may imply the issue was getting worse over time (or it may simply be my perception not working properly with all the excitement about the new update). Unfortunately I'm unable to give any more details than that. I don't know if a particular action has triggered the problem, of even if it is character specific.

Got hit by a coconut on the head when chopping down a palm tree once, on day 6 or 7, which may be the suspect since it is a new thing.

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game as Wilbur normally.

User Feedback

The problem occurred again today. This was my third session with the same character. I didn't notice the issue in the second session, but it happened in the third. 1 and 3 had some manure throwing in common, I don't think I've done that in the second session. So the issue may be about Wilbur's manure throw ability.

Share this comment

This is still happening. I don't have a specific cause found for it. Today's variation was along the lines of:

I'm hammering a sandbag by holding the right mouse button. First strike made no sound, second made two hammer hit sounds in quick succession, the third one was properly timed. I've hammered about 7-8 sandbags, only one had the problem. The issue seems to happen when my base is nearby so it is probably some kind of performance problem, however I do not notice any difference with the graphics performance, only sound is affected/delayed.

My base looked more or less like the screenshot below at the first occurrence of the problem (now it has a bit more stuff in it). The chests contain a random assortment of resources, and I have at least one of pretty much every resource.

2016-03-04_00001.thumb.jpg.383deb8323ddc 

Share this comment

Any chance you can take a video of this occurring? I can't seem to get it to happen on my end. Also, any information about your PC specs would be appreciated.

Share this comment

I'll see what I can do about the video, and post my specs this evening when I get back from work. I can also share the saved game if that would help. Thanks.

Share this comment

I've sent you the specs and my save. So far, bets way to repro the problem seem to be to chop down palm trees to the north of my base or the sandbag to the immediate west. This is a bit old, so I don't remember exactly where I saved it. There are couple of satellite structures around, by "my base" I mean the only one with the shadow manipulator and the alchemy engine. Let me know I can provide any more information.

Share this comment

I was hacking bamboo patches that are near the drying racks at night. Same thing. That may be another way to repro this.

Share this comment