Duplicants everywhere are chilling out with Meep's Manadatory Recreation Content Pack! This free content pack contains a set of new recreation buildings to help our Duplicants relax and enjoy the leisure time all that Automation has brought to them.
As well, we've added a new mechanic called “Overjoyed Responses” which gives a chance of bonus improvements to decor or productivity along with new Overjoyed reaction animations when Duplicant morale is much higher than expectations!
The team has been hard at work these last few months improving performance issues, building Meep’s Recreation Pack, as well as working on bigger things for the future.
We've fixed a number of bugs in this update as well, so thank you to everyone who has reported bugs in the forum! We always appreciate your reports and feedback!
New Overjoyed Reactions
- Balloon Artist
- Sparkle Streaker
- Super Productive
- Sticker Bomber
- Mechanical Surfboard
- Hot Tub
- Soda Fountain
- Beach Chair
- Vertical Wind Tunnel
- New Research categories
- Carpets now give better decor and a stress reduction effect, but also slow down movespeed somewhat.
- Moved gas bottler into the "Improved Ventilation" tech tier
- Rocket fuel tanks and oxidizer tanks now support Copy Settings
- Several of the Recreation buildings now have a de-stressing effect. Beach chair provides sleep as well.
- Updated translations for Chinese, Russian, and Korean
- Duplicants now auto-assign to a Medical Cot if they get to critical health.
- Add notarization to macOS builds
- Bump max Rec Room size to 96
- Update desalinator sounds
- The first rockets and Duplicants sent to the temporal tear do not return
- Fix crash when loading older saves that do not have a world definition
- Fix Bed and Bath achievement being permanently failed
- Fix crash when mods trigger a write access dialog
- Fix lit workspace buff not correctly applying when researching
- Fix crash when building items with liquid conduit input or output
- Eating in a well lit area no longer causes Duplicants to waste calories
- Fix Duplicants overlapping walls when emptying the Algae Terrarium
- Fix overlay icon crash when building
- Fix conduit crash when loops are present
- Steam turbines correctly obtain boost from Engie's Tune-up
- Do not cancel tune-up errands if a building becomes nonfunctional
- Fix a crash when opening the pause menu for a save whose world ID is missing
- Fix Duplicants getting stuck in a loop if they are incapacitated near the bottom of a ladder
- Reduce texture usage on the Ethanol Distillery
- Baby Pacu variants now use the correct animations
- Save files work correctly when moving between OSes
- Fix several buildings not playing their "finish up" animations
- Fix bug where pumps will toggle blocked status even when flowing freely
- Fix "Not 0K, But Pretty Cool" achievement not calculating minimum correctly
- Update the Mod Uploader tool for macOS Catalina
- Fix bug preventing the "Temporal Tear" victory sequence from playing
- Work "post" animations play more reliably
- Fix bug where Duplicants can't pump liquids on the surface of stacked liquids
- Loading a world with no starmap target will put telescopes in an active state while researching nothing.
- Telescope doesn't show status warning for no starmap analysis target if all targets already analyzed
- Fix for Duplicants getting stalled at the end of a construct or dig for a few seconds.
- Rockets properly turn off and on manual deliveries when they launch. (No more oxylite delivery while the rocket is in space!)
- Fix stackable items like lumber not properly splitting when going over 100t
- Fix load screen reloading files unnecessarily
- Add Low Res Textures option to the graphics menu
- Load screen now stretches to fit the width of the screen
- Fix lit workspace tooltip
- Remove extra description for carpeted tile
- Align decor text in building descriptions
- Fixed order of cycle entries in My Log database
- Fix various keyword highlights in tooltips
- Fix newly researched build categories not appearing when there are insufficient materials
- Fix video playback on Linux
- Update power circuit descriptions
- Load screen now correctly groups saves by colony
- Improve readability of date text when a save game is selected in the load screen
- Add spaces to keyboard shortcut commands
- Remove unused hotkey build menu strings
- Truncated the displayed mod list in error messages when it gets too large
- Deselecting a building plan after entering an overlay no longer exits the overlay
- Added Lux output to light descriptors
- Fix mipmapping issues on various UI images
- Graphics Options screen now selects the current resolution by default, even if it's an odd resolution.
- Add missing keybindings for Plan 13 and Plan 14
- Fix UI staying disabled but visible if in screenshot mode when timelapser kicks in
- Print more explicit error messages to the log file when IO errors occur
- Add ModUploader logging to macOS builds
- Improve errors when trying to load Yaml files
- Clean up lots of log spam and log warnings
You can join in the Discussion Topic here.
If you run into a bug, please visit the Klei Bug Tracker.