The shadow queen Charlie has begun to make her mark on the Don't Starve world, and her influence is manifesting in new and mysterious ways. What is her plan for Wilson and the survivors? Will she aid them in their fight for survival, or does she have something more dastardly in store?
- New Items: Charlie's handiwork is scattered throughout the world, ready for you to explore!
- New World Event: Discover the power of the Moon Caller’s Staff, obtained through dark and magical means.
- Major map improvements: Many new improvements to the map. Including several new items that can be crafted to globally mark items or reveal an area on the minimap for everyone to see.
- Find your friends: Craft a compass and never lose a friend again!
- Disease Changes: Crop disease is now rare and unpredictable, but there are warning signs that players can look out for before a plant becomes diseased.
- And more: Balance changes, bug fixes, items and goodies and more!
- Minimap data is now stored on the server.
- Minimap rendering performance improvements.
- Added new Minimap icons for tree stumps and burnt trees.
- Added new Minimap icons for Gold and Moonrock Boulders.
- Players can now locate each other on the Minimap if they both have a Compass equipped.
- Added several new magical items that can be crafted to globally mark a spot or reveal an area on the Minimap for everyone.
- Improved animations and effects for diseasing.
- Disease will now only target individual transplanted Saplings, Grass, and Berry Bushes, and spread slowly to nearby plants unless removed or destroyed.
- Disease is now rare and unpredictable, but there are warning signs that players can look out for before plants become diseased.
- Terrain will no longer provide any disease immunities.
- Disease and Petrification are now separately tunable in World customization options.
- Added new Marble and Moonrock themed set pieces with secrets to uncover.
- Added a new magical item, the Moon Caller’s Staff, which must be obtained through world events rather than crafting.
- Added a new craftable Cartographer’s Desk which unlocks a crafting station for creating Map Scrolls that can be shared with other players.
- Grass Gekkos will once again have a way to be introduced into your world over time even if they did not appear at Worldgen.
- Updated the visual patterns and textures for all Moonrock items.
- Updated Dwarf Star animations.
- Player Minimaps will now load properly when rejoining a server from a different machine.
- Caves Minimap is now properly cleared when a player dies in Wilderness mode.
Please note that A New Reign content will now be automatically retrofitted into existing Worlds, but we cannot guarantee that this will be exactly the same as using a new Save Slot to generate a new World. In addition, saved Minimaps in existing Worlds will be reset, just this one time, in order to switch to the new networked Minimap data.
You can join in the Discussion Topic here.
If you run into a bug, please visit the Klei Bug Tracker.