Don't starve together: Console Edition crashing

download the game 10 minutes ago, hit one button and saw an error)

Platform

Playstation 4 PRO

And i have no addons.

The error:

string "scripts/widgets/text.lua":197: bad argument! #2 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

scripts/widgets/text.lua":197 in (method) SetMultilineTruncatedString (Lua) <173-237>

It happens when i push triangle button when there are no objects around.

Do you know about this problem? Can i fix this somehow?

Thanks!

• Developer

Hi there. In the future please post crash reports in the Bug Tracker section of the forum, here:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/ps4_dont-starve-together/

Are you playing in a language other than English? We have fixed a crash like this that occurred when inspecting yourself or other players when your game was set to certain other languages. The fix will be available in the next update. In the meantime you should be able to change your language to English to avoid the crash.

37 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Hi there. In the future please post crash reports in the Bug Tracker section of the forum, here:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/ps4_dont-starve-together/

Are you playing in a language other than English? We have fixed a crash like this that occurred when inspecting yourself or other players when your game was set to certain other languages. The fix will be available in the next update. In the meantime you should be able to change your language to English to avoid the crash.

I use Russian language, but i can use English easily. Thanks.

But anyway you need to fix this bug with that language.

Archived