Modding - where to suggest

While I have been to this site before, I am not sure where exactly to suggest to mod creators several ideas.

If this so happens to be the right place, I did want to ask if it's possible to create mods that allow players to adjust how many uses a Salt Lick does, how long food takes to rot, and anyway to have personal loyalty with Pigmen/Rabbitmen that have been fed and ways to strengthen them through combat and ingestibles? (Perhaps permanent/absurdly durable Salt Lick uses, food takes years to rot, and the like, for casual players.)

I ask since I have no experience with scripting and would like to leave the suggestion in the hands of people who know what they're doing, the most I can do is identify minute bits of detail where I can make changes that suit my needs (increased uses for tools, greater damage, (maybe) damage absorption, etc), I have no patience for that, unless there was a very, very, VERY detailed guide that was made for the layman to understand, especially with plenty of examples. Maybe once I go into computer programming, since I think writing code might be a part of that and so will scripts depending on the program, but right now? No.

Though if I did, I'd create a backpack with absurd 12x12 inventory space, keeps food fresh, restores durability to anything placed inside it over time, indestructible to heat and damage, boosts my running speed, and lights up a mile of the land. For the heck of it.

Edited by 451009_1452785660