Temperature bug in Shipwrecked for PC?

Long time player, first time poster!

I've been enjoying the heck out of giving Shipwrecked a try, and in my most recent run I may have encountered a bug. This world was a linked SW / DS run with all default world settings.

I followed an X marks the spot and opened the chest. After this, the world temperature became stuck at maximum heat all the time. This was around day 10, near the end of Mild season and moving towards Hurricane season, which should have been on the cool side. I coped with it decently enough with a thermal stone and endothermic fires. But similarly to the height of summer in RoG, even standing next to an endothermic fire burning as brightly as it could, my thermal stone never got to icy cold, only medium cold. Here's a Steam screenshot right before the first time the heat killed me:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535129942

Now, I know in RoG there are trapped setpieces which can instantly change the seasons. But I checked out the wiki and haven't seen anything about trapped X marks the spot treasures in SW.

If this is not an actual bug, my apologies! If it is, please let me know if any other info would be helpful.

Archived