Making wallpaper of menu screen via WE

I'm posting this here because I simply cannot find any other place where this fits.

If you didn't know, there is this thing called Wallpaper Engine on Steam that allows users to create animated wallpapers from videos, GIF, and other things. I used it for a while when I started to like DST a lot. Fast forward a couple of months and it's become what I can say is my 3rd favorite game of all time. When the Forge happened, the menu screen was changed to look like it is now, showing Wilson and Willow with various creatures behind them. When I first saw this menu screen, I went "Oh boy! That would look great on WE!"

Then I tried to do so. While I did find the screen on this forum, it was a very low resolution and looked terrible on my laptop, so I decided to do some digging into DST's files to see if I could find the menu in a higher quality, considering it looks fine in game. I'm not sure if I did because they were all "TEX" files. I'm not really someone who usually knows this stuff so naturally I looked to google to find more. It had something to do with Latex, whatever that was. It appeared the folder contained most loading screens and a couple other things. I kept on digging. I got a program that allowed me to access the files, but they were in a text-like document. I'm still unsure of what to do now.

I decided that I had done all I could to and saw if any of you, let alone Klei itself knew what to do next. I'm not exactly if the issue is my web browser downloading the file on this forum, the file itself, or just WE. If anyone does know what to do, I will gladly credit you in the wallpaper's description unless told otherwise.

Hopefully someone comes up with something.

On 24. 7. 2018 at 4:54 AM, Manley Stanly said:

I'm posting this here because I simply cannot find any other place where this fits.

If you didn't know, there is this thing called Wallpaper Engine on Steam that allows users to create animated wallpapers from videos, GIF, and other things. I used it for a while when I started to like DST a lot. Fast forward a couple of months and it's become what I can say is my 3rd favorite game of all time. When the Forge happened, the menu screen was changed to look like it is now, showing Wilson and Willow with various creatures behind them. When I first saw this menu screen, I went "Oh boy! That would look great on WE!"

Then I tried to do so. While I did find the screen on this forum, it was a very low resolution and looked terrible on my laptop, so I decided to do some digging into DST's files to see if I could find the menu in a higher quality, considering it looks fine in game. I'm not sure if I did because they were all "TEX" files. I'm not really someone who usually knows this stuff so naturally I looked to google to find more. It had something to do with Latex, whatever that was. It appeared the folder contained most loading screens and a couple other things. I kept on digging. I got a program that allowed me to access the files, but they were in a text-like document. I'm still unsure of what to do now.

I decided that I had done all I could to and saw if any of you, let alone Klei itself knew what to do next. I'm not exactly if the issue is my web browser downloading the file on this forum, the file itself, or just WE. If anyone does know what to do, I will gladly credit you in the wallpaper's description unless told otherwise.

Hopefully someone comes up with something.

I only know .latex .txt and .png files

Archived