Why was the difficulty of the pins changed in Wholesale?

Let me first say that i really enjoy most of my time in the game. As with every (early build) game there are some parts which are sometimes frustrating (e.g. getting randomly killed by collision), but that is all fine.

I collected every comic and every golden pin before Wholesale came out. It took me a few hundred tries for some of them and it was such a joy to finally get them in the end. Now i am wondering: Why are they made so easy in the new levels? The first one is still quite challenging, but the others are really simple, so simple even that i collected one by accident without even noticing. Is this just for this world, or do you plan on keeping them this simple from now on? I really would love to hear what the reason for this decision was.

Anyways. Thanks for the game and the constant updates. Already looking forward to the next one!

I for one am glad that they changed the difficulty of getting the golden pin. Some of the pins in the School are more about luck than skill, while every one of them in Wholesale looks possible in a matter of few tries. Making it a bit easier to get also gets rid of "git gud" thinking, that is plaguing gaming nowadays.  

Which ones in the school are more about luck than skill? I cannot recall a single one where i had the feeling that i was hindered by luck instead of my own capabilities. I understand that not everyone wants to spend trying on a pin, but "a few tries" are just too quick for something which in my opinion should be challenging. This has nothing to do with "git gut" mentality, i just want a challenge for myself which i need to work on.

Archived