First impressions feedback

Hello! I just finished playing my first hour or so of Hot Lava, and i"m loving this game! I waited long time for this game to come on steam and I lost all hope hah. I love art style and general aesthetic of the game the most. The level design is also amazing. I have some minor suggestions though!

UI suggestions:

-I think some places should have "press any key to continue" function.This includes the finish of the level, when our score is done with showing and also unboxing playsets.

- On very similiar note, picking course from the menu shold either be activated by double clicking the "card" with the level, or "Play" button should be big and in the middle, rather than in the corner.

-While cutsceny thingy at the beggining of each level, that shows level off, has a "click anything to continue" function, I forgot about it every time, and watched that looped camera several times lol. I suggest messege "press any key to continue on screen"

Gameplay bugs:

-When I  just started the game, first time I had control of the character, the chat either opened itself or I opened it accediently and didn't know how to exit. Still don't know how i managed that. Dunno if it was bug or my clumsines, you figure that out:p

-The tutorial and gym levels gave me checkpoints in the places I didn't manage to reach. Taht's a big one.

-Jumping from rails annoys me. i press "D" to jump off of it in the direction of right of my character, but it launches me in the back somehow. 

-At school course, pogo challange: I earned the green checpoint on the sink without reaching the platform.

That would be all. Well, one more minor nitpick: At the beggining of the game, after all the (amazing and wonderful ahh) cutscenes, the loading screen was cute pixel art, and while it was a nice one, I think it doesn't maches a cartoon/comic book/action figures aesthetic.

Any plans on bringing this one on the Nintendo Switch? lol

On 28.6.2018 at 9:30 PM, Proppane said:

-The tutorial and gym levels gave me checkpoints in the places I didn't manage to reach. Taht's a big one.

If I understood you correctly, you happened to run into an invisible checkpoint. There are a few of them scattered around to make the game a bit easier for players. They are definitely a bit confusing at first, I'll give you that.

On 28.6.2018 at 9:30 PM, Proppane said:

-At school course, pogo challange: I earned the green checpoint on the sink without reaching the platform.

Thats not really a bug, its just the hitbox of the green checkpoints. There are a couple of spots where you can just graze them and pick them up, but I dont really think its something that needs a ton of changing

Some more comments on Hot Lava:

I just got to the Chase the Grade level, ald I swear I would go straight throug the (first) bar and character would miss it. Infruriating. Edit: My bad lol. My timing was off, I mastered this one.

While Online play may be fun for some, I think it should be a choice. Other people distract and annoy me.

Minor bug: Once I saw a green marker floating mid air between table and the floor.

Archived