Insanity More Subtle - At First

Hello everyone,I really love this game, the art style and atmosphere are so unique and creative and I love survival games in general. That being said though, something about this most recent update felt off to me. I know it just came out so maybe these things are already being addressed but I still felt I should point them out and bring up possible suggestions.The first, and biggest thing I believe doesn't fit in the atmosphere of the game is insanity takes effect too quickly. Maybe I'm playing wrong but by night of day 2 I see the eyes in the darkness and their shadows extending. Night of day three I start to see the translucent creatures walking around. And day 4 I see them during the day time along with the camera zooming in and out and things getting blurry.While I like the idea of these effects in and of themselves, the rate at which they happen seems too fast for a game I feel tries to be a bit more subtle and suspenseful. For example the slow build up of background noise and Wilson asking "Did you hear that?" had me scared out of my wits. Insanity though just feels annoying.So I think the rate at which these things happen needs to be slowed or spaced out, here's a little list why:* In the case of Wilson we have a thinking man. It seems to me someone grounded by science would be better able to dismiss insanity.* In reality I don't think hallucinations could set in until at least after a week.* Gameplay wise, hunger and damage have no effect until they hit zero - sanity breaks the theme by exponentially increasing effects as time goes on.* The only easy dress wear to produce early on is a straw hat, I died before I could try it but I assume sleeping through the night reduces insanity. Both items require grass, possibly making grass too important.Now I'll list some possible solutions:* Sanity shows no negative effect until a most 50 points remain, from there to 1 non-threatening hallucinations grow in intensity and when it reaches 0 then the actual danger emerges. (Sanity can be set to drain at a faster rate to balance this)* More easily craftable dresswear. I could only find the straw hat and bush hat as things that would be easy to make, everything else is incredibly dangerous to get (beeefalo hair), or takes too long (12 spider webs, 12 hound teeth). As I mentioned before it seems the only way to deal with it now is to build a straw hat and sleeping bags, both require grass which may make grass too important.* Cooking raises sanity. Seems like cooking food, the smell and the flavors might bring back good memories and reduce insanity. Most food would only give small boosts, but cooking meals in the crock pot should add a lot.Have to go for now, feel free to give feed back on these ideas. Or if I'm just playing the game wrong, tell me how to play to make sanity less of a chore.

Played again trying using the thought of both sleeping and using the straw hat, and that worked long enough to get to the dapper hat.So this idea may be mostly void now.Though some things may still be an issue, though very minor now. It still puts a big grass focus at the beginning. What appeared to be the next easiest thing to craft was the dapper hat, and it takes 12 spider silk to make. if you wait too long the spider eggs will be to level 3 and it becomes quite hard to acquire. Something easier to make in between the two might be a good idea.