Split timers, New Replays, and Practice Mode.

So I bought Hot Lava yesterday so I don't know if this is wanted by people who are more experienced and better than me, but I think a split timer would help in many ways. I think it should measure your times in between checkpoints and maybe display that next to your total run time. It should let you in the settings or maybe an option when you start a course to not show your fastest run time but your fastest time when all of your fastest splits are put together. I also think a split timer would open a great opportunity to have some sort of training or practice mode where you can spawn at any checkpoint and do one part of a course with your fastest split ghost so you can perfect sections. This would be more helpful than just practicing the same part in a run because you could see your fastest route you have succeeded and if you make it you can just try it again instead of having to restart the course since a lot of the checkpoints aren't really able to be done backwards.I definitely think the fastest run ghost should stay as when I am doing a run I want to see how I am compared to my fastest but if I am trying to practice a section or want to know how much faster or slower I am doing on one part this would be very helpful. 

For better players it may not be a thing they care for. But if I am quite a bit ahead or behind my ghost I may not remember  where I did better or worse that made us separate. But If I could see that I just did this split faster than my course record did then I know I am catching up or gaining a lead, and furthermore If I know I did It faster than my split record, then I need to practice that new route.

I haven't played with any friends yet but I am planning on it soon. So I was thinking if you could maybe show your friends fastest course time ghost so you can directly compete with them even if they are not there, or if y'all didn't start at the same time because on of you died and restarted for example.

Archived