Kostriktor's Wishlist

Hello Klei !

When i first tried out your work, it immediately captured me, the atmosphere you provide, trough the music and the given scenario is amazing.
I'm not much a fan of your design must be said. The duplicants are sweet and amusing, but i expected the machines to be more technically accurate.
A "breathing" coal-generator just didn't bring the desired feeling of success... Your choice Klei, i play for the mechanics and the feelings, not the looks alone!
My advice in terms of minichanges you could introduce, most probably wont propose any kind of content, that is your beer, Klei !
I'll keep this list edited/updated, whilst playing i usually get deeper ideas.

https://imgur.com/a/iCYShEU - Many machines desire some more attachments, such as gas-in/out-takes and liquid-in/out-takes
https://imgur.com/a/7W8XntS - Here a small logistic qol-up. Say "no" to polluted-oxygen !
https://imgur.com/a/Iv8ijtn - Hovering your mouse over half your screen, or pressing the Overlay ? Qol goes first !

1. I think it's intentional that some machines release material into surrounding space because it creates a problem for people to solve. If you ease everything there will be no reason to play. If we follow easying everything we come down to "why klei just don't give us a save file with complete base".There needs to be a balance i think. But where it is developers are to decide.

2. You can put a sweep only and control it manually.
3. Totally for it. Have a feeling that developers considering to do it because there were just so many requests for that.

12 hours ago, Fenixix said:

material into surrounding space because it creates a problem for people to solve

more of an annoyance than an actual problem to solve, when the solution to it is always the same; put pump and filter

It's that technicaly inacurate for a Coal generators to emit Co2 rich smoke ?

2) To be fair almost every toxics materals are under 'orgnic' as far as I can tell so it's easy to isolate them

3) Okay I could be wrong but I think the reason there is no different colors fo each possible gaess in the gas ovelay is simply bcause they haven't found a good color code to keep indicatnig concertation, breathability and having enough colors for every potential potential gases in a single overlay.

I know it seems it should be only a few gases to contend with: oxygen, poluted oxygen,hydrogen, CO2, steam, chlorine and natural gas (athough that's already sevn colors to jugle with diffrent intensity to show either brethabiity and/or concentrations) but I you actuly look at debug mode, yu'll see there are actualy qite a few more gases you don't get to see (at least I never did in any of my plathroughs yet) but are here in the game. Like for example gaseous iron or gaseous copper, every metal as far as I can tell as a gaseous version.

Not saying t's no doable (al thse metalic gass could ge a same or very close colors. Could ue some pattern on top of colors and so on but it might be harder than it looks

1 hour ago, Kostriktor said:

more of an annoyance than an actual problem to solve, when the solution to it is always the same; put pump and filter

Depends on a person. I found anothor solution. DIgging a hole beneath a base : ) 

20 minutes ago, Smuch said:

It's that technicaly inacurate for a Coal generators to emit Co2 rich smoke ?

2) To be fair almost every toxics materals are under 'orgnic' as far as I can tell so it's easy to isolate them

3) Okay I could be wrong but I think the reason there is no different colors fo each possible gaess in the gas ovelay is simply bcause they haven't found a good color code to keep indicatnig concertation, breathability and having enough colors for every potential potential gases in a single overlay.

I know it seems it should be only a few gases to contend with: oxygen, poluted oxygen,hydrogen, CO2, steam, chlorine and natural gas (athough that's already sevn colors to jugle with diffrent intensity to show either brethabiity and/or concentrations) but I you actuly look at debug mode, yu'll see there are actualy qite a few more gases you don't get to see (at least I never did in any of my plathroughs yet) but are here in the game. Like for example gaseous iron or gaseous copper, every metal as far as I can tell as a gaseous version.

Not saying t's no doable (al thse metalic gass could ge a same or very close colors. Could ue some pattern on top of colors and so on but it might be harder than it looks

If you create a new gas it has it's own colour right? Without any overlays. So why don'y just use that color. Thing is when the gas is low concentration it's transparent. What people want is to use overlay to see where that gas. Increasing brightnesss of the gas when overlay is turned on is a solution? I don't understand how is that there is not colour for overlay if any added gas has to have some inition colour already.

Archived