[solved] Registering default mod prefab (error-less crash)

Coming to the forums now for professional assistance for my problem, since I'm just getting too frustrated.

Attached is my client log, the folder for the mod I'm working on, and the folder of a mod that I used files from to make items in my own mod. (because no way I'm smart enough to do that on my own)

This mod, when done, adds a mod character, 3 books, and 3 recipes. But for now, it only adds a mod character, 1 book, and 1 recipe. My problem is when you try to use this mod, you get an error-less crash, and the client log says "Registering default mod prefab" at the very end, with no obvious error to look at.

I am very certain the problem comes from lucy_book_abyss.zip, because if you do not include this zip in the assets in lucy_book_abyss.lua, the game does not crash.

The files anim.bin and build.bin in lucy_book_abyss.zip are copy-pasted from the other mod's zaneoldbook.zip. I opened the .bins in notepad++ and changed the "name" inside them, or as I would call it, the prefab name.

Files that were copy-pasted and altered were zaneoldbook.lua, and both anim.bin and build.bin in zaneoldbook.zip. The .tex was copy-pasted too, but that's not very important, I would imagine.

mods.zip

Help would be greatly appreciated, my dudes.

Edited by BRACKMOUTH
Title change

If you "rename" a build with notepad++, then the number of symbols should be same as the previous one (zaneoldbook -> lucy_book_a, 11 characters). If you need full custom name for new build, then use Build Renamer.

Ah yes FINALLY it didn't crash! Thanks for the help. Except the book is still totally invisible on the ground, and the mouse can't see it. It can still be picked up with space.

Once the invisible book problem is fixed, I can finish the mod. :wilson_flower:

EDIT: Forgot to say that I actually don't know how to fix the invisible book problem.

Edited by BRACKMOUTH

2 hours ago, BRACKMOUTH said:

Ah yes FINALLY it didn't crash! Thanks for the help. Except the book is still totally invisible on the ground, and the mouse can't see it. It can still be picked up with space.

Once the invisible book problem is fixed, I can finish the mod. :wilson_flower:

EDIT: Forgot to say that I actually don't know how to fix the invisible book problem.

Change anim state build to the new one and bank to original.