canned/ jarred food

i think in order for this game to get really advanced you should be able to make jars and canned food. this will make the food last way longer than ordinary food but the only foods that can be canned are fruits and vegetables. in order to make jars you should be able to find sand and somehow heat it up and blow it into a jar shape. i dont know how to make the food canned exactly but this is just an idea and i hope someone can take this idea further and make it better.

Ah... jars. You're in luck because I happen to know a few things along this topic. In fact, it was discussed here on the forum by Kevin, albiet in the Generic Topics section. Kevin opened a debate on how we wanted "rot" to work in the game and during the discussion he brought up a new item... clay pots. The assumption here is that we'll be allowed to craft clay pots and store foods in them. Mind you even though Kevin mentioned it he never told us what their purpose would be or whether they would ever be included.

Another fourm member, @ThePigWhisperer, suggested a method by which we use papyrus, string, honey (beeswax?), and a clay pot to preserve foods. I'm sure he'll correct me if I misquoted that crafting formula. Then I assume we pop this into the crock pot along with our Soon-to-be preserved fruit/vegetable and voila.

Canned goods would require the introduction of metals, even basic, as a resource. I know we have gold and all, but generally the game is very survivalist driven rather than civilization building.The concept of glass containers I like though. I mean, it's not unreasonable that Wilson and the others would be able to make a machine that blasts sand into glass.Edit - Oh, though we do have the fridge for food storage already.