How should/can you power a Transit Tube Access?

I've been having a LOT of trouble trying to get it powered, and there are only two reasons I can think of as to why:

1. It can ONLY be powered from a single source that produces more than its intake (though if that's the case, it can ONLY be powered by a petroleum generator, or possibly through a power transformer [figure 2]) 
  2. Or that there's some kind of interference when it's power is produced by manual generators.

I conclude this because I've been trying for the past few days to get it to work on two of my worlds, but I've only gotten 1 to work, even though I tried basically the same thing in the other:

Figure 1 ("transit problem")  was my first attempt at MERELY getting it ANY power, just to see it run... needless to say, it didn't work at all

Figure 2 ("transit problem fix") was a simple solution to the problem I believed I was having, and it did work... for a while, even if the wire was saying it was "strained"

Figure 3 ("transit problem v2") was my attempt to recreate the "successful" version of Figure 2, but on a slightly larger scale in a new world, but for some reason, it refused to be powered, and the wire it was connected to continuously said it was "strained", even when nothing was connected to it but the transformer and a bridge...

Figure 4 ("transit problem v3") is just seeing if 3 manual generators through a conductive wire could possibly power it, but sadly, it can't, even with 320kJ of stored power

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there something I'm missing? Did you purposefully make it impossible to be powered by manual generators? I'm at a complete loss.

PS I've also tried passing the wire through a power shut-off, just to see if it would charge if the circuit was "reset" with it just connected to batteries, but it didn't do anything...

Update: Apparently Figure 4 DOES work, it's just that it REFUSES to power unless a tube is connected to it, even if you're in the process of making the plastic, and don't have ANYWHERE NEAR the amount you need to make the whole tube you want... but I still think that's a rather stupid choice, since one would want it to be powered, ready for the tube, if not to just make sure everything is running as it should

transit problem.png

transit problem fix.png

transit problem v2.png

transit problem v3.png

I think your 3rd doesn't work because a bridge can only connect a wire to another wire, and not a construct. In your figure, one side your bridge connects to a battery. In order for the battery to transfer electricity through the bridge, it needs a wire as a medium between two construct. In that configuration, you will need to move the bridge in order for the electricity to pass through.
I know it is stupid but this is how it works in ONI now. The same is true for most bridges I tried.

18 hours ago, pheonix-ix said:

I think your 3rd doesn't work because a bridge can only connect a wire to another wire, and not a construct. In your figure, one side your bridge connects to a battery. In order for the battery to transfer electricity through the bridge, it needs a wire as a medium between two construct. In that configuration, you will need to move the bridge in order for the electricity to pass through.
I know it is stupid but this is how it works in ONI now. The same is true for most bridges I tried.

If you look closely, there already is a bridge in the third picture directly connecting to the power transformer, where the secondary bridge was just to indicate that there are wires connected to both parts of the bridge that doesn't show up (at least not well enough)

20 hours ago, Beirirangu said:

If you look closely, there already is a bridge in the third picture directly connecting to the power transformer, where the secondary bridge was just to indicate that there are wires connected to both parts of the bridge that doesn't show up (at least not well enough)

My bad. The cause is still the same though. The bottom end of that bridge is on the exact same tile as the transformer's output tile without any explicit wires connecting the two.

Archived