Character & Item Mod Help - Boy at the End

Hi, guys.

So I more-or-less did a decent job with my character so far, with a lot of help from a bunch of forums on here. But since trying to sort out his perks, I've run into a bunch of trouble, and have decided that I should actually just put my pride aside and ask for help from people that actually know what they're doing.

This is my first attempt at creating a mod. I know nothing about coding or animating or pretty much anything to do with mods. So feel free to treat me like a child - I won't be offended.

This is my most recent crash log. So if you could help with this, for a start, I'd really appreciate it.

client_log.txt

This is my mod so far. The item is in there, which I'm assuming caused the crash, but I don't really know where to put it.

boy_at_the_end.rar

Again, it's pretty much just the perks I need your help with. That includes the items.

• Perk 1: He's prepared as heck, so starts with a bunch of items and knows the sewing kit recipe.
  • Perk 2: He's super sane, but loses his sanity when he attacks things. (Luckily one of his items will help with that.)
  • Perk 3: He can tame animals for longer. That doesn't mean tame animals he otherwise couldn't, or that it's easier to tame them, or that none of them attack him. Just that, when he tames an animal, they hang around for twice as long.

What I've managed to do so far:

1. Character:

• I've given him the starting items I want, for the most part.
  • I've given him the knowledge of the sewing kit recipe.
  • I've given him a sanity drain for when he attacks someone/something. (This probably needs work too.)

2. Item:

• I've made the swap image, ground image and inventory image (and autocompiled them).
  • That's pretty much it.

What I need help with:

1. Character:

• I need him to spawn with a backpack - preferably equipped but I understand if that's not possible. The backpack would be the pigskin one so that it has more slots and slows him down, but I want a different design. I can sort that out if I have the image templates to draw over, but I'll need help with that too.
  • I would also like the starting items to spawn in the backpack. Is that even doable? If not, it's not the end of the world.
  • Like the backpack, I would like to redraw the walking stick/cane. I assume that means making a new item. So I would just need help with a template to work from (like the piggyback backpack).
  • I have made him spawn with 10 straw bedrolls. I'd rather he just spawned with one, and that it, instead, never ran out. So it just be one that he can keep forever, unless destroyed.
  • Also, I think the code that I have to make him lose sanity when he attacks things doesn't apply when he murders things in his inventory. If someone could help me with that, I'd very much appreciate that.
  • Finally, I need him to tame animals for twice as long. I don't even know where to start with this.

2. Item:

• I obviously need to know where to put the file so that it doesn't crash the game.
  • I have the problem of it being invisible in hand and on the ground. Apparently, this could be an animation issue. I really don't know how to change that.
  • The item also doesn't have a name. I've tried to put the code into the modmain prefab to give it a name, but there seems to be an error I don't know what to do with.
  • Finally, with this item, I need it to give him sanity when he's holding it.

And that's everything. I realise that this is a lot of work, but if anyone could help wherever they can, I would be hugely grateful.

Thank you all for your help, in advance. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Is there anything else you might need? Any other logs or information?