Looking for experienced/semi-capable modders!

Hello, I'm an avid Don't Starve Together player but know nothing about modding. My friend has a popular character ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516456459&searchtext=yuno ) mod on the steam workshop but he's unable to fix an issue regarding the sanity drain of the character. The intended function is for the character's sanity to be constantly decreasing at a high rate, which is restored through fighting/killing. The sanity drain is in place, but it is effective for everyone else in the server regardless of their character. I don't know what could be causing the issue, but if you think you're able to identify and fix the issue or have a solution, let me know so I can tell my friend. Thank you for your time.

Are you saying that his sanity drain is applying to everyone else as well? Trying to understand the dilemma. And if that is the case, are you trying to keep the character the same, but only remove the fact that it's applying to the others? 

5 minutes ago, verdago7 said:

Are you saying that his sanity drain is applying to everyone else as well? Trying to understand the dilemma. And if that is the case, are you trying to keep the character the same, but only remove the fact that it's applying to the others? 

As far as I'm aware, yes, the sanity drain is applying to everyone else and that's the only known issue. The drain is intentional, but only for that character.

Yup

So he's set the tuning of the server to those numbers, instead of tuning the character. You can fix that by changing each of those strings to the appropriate components, and then it shouldn't affect anyone but him since it would be going off his computer only. I could type up the correct code and upload the file that needs changing here, and you could delete the entry in your computer and replace it with this one, but I won't be able to fix the owner's file (obviously) since it isn't mine. If you do want me to fix it, you'd have to unsubscribe from his because once you start the game it'll redownload it and then you'll have the problem all over again. I really don't think it's too complicated if you want me to write it up for you, if you know much about computers. You'll have to give me a little time, as I'm doing other modding, but as long as I don't run into any hiccups I'll definitely have it done tonight for you. Let me know what you want to do.

12 minutes ago, verdago7 said:

Yup

So he's set the tuning of the server to those numbers, instead of tuning the character. You can fix that by changing each of those strings to the appropriate components, and then it shouldn't affect anyone but him since it would be going off his computer only. I could type up the correct code and upload the file that needs changing here, and you could delete the entry in your computer and replace it with this one, but I won't be able to fix the owner's file (obviously) since it isn't mine. If you do want me to fix it, you'd have to unsubscribe from his because once you start the game it'll redownload it and then you'll have the problem all over again. I really don't think it's too complicated if you want me to write it up for you, if you know much about computers. You'll have to give me a little time, as I'm doing other modding, but as long as I don't run into any hiccups I'll definitely have it done tonight for you. Let me know what you want to do.

If you could write it for me, that would be amazing, I can send it to my friend and he could implement it. Thank you so much!

1 minute ago, verdago7 said:

I'll work into it when I can, I'll keep you posted. Would he know how to implement, or do I need to explain?

Well like I said, my friend is the modder, I'm just helping him out because he's busy, but if you could give a guide for how to implement it that would be helpful so I could send it to him. :)