1 Dupe Cell?

Is it possible to set up a small cell in a way that you could put a single dupe in there and they can AFK survive in there indefinitely?  If there is a need for specific traits I can just re-roll my 3 starting dupes.

3 hours ago, Owle said:

There is a topic with these kind of bases: 

But I think that was before the thermal update went live. Now you need fertilizer and you probably get tempreture problems.

Thanks man! Definitely going to try this out, but the insulation looks like it could keep out temp problems and I don't think mealworms take up fertilizer.

Edit: I just realized that the heat would get trapped and eventually stifle the plants and over heat the dupe. Yeah... Looks like I'll have to rethink it.

30 minutes ago, IDKDude said:

Thanks man! Definitely going to try this out, but the insulation looks like it could keep out temp problems and I don't think mealworms take up fertilizer.

Edit: I just realized that the heat would get trapped and eventually stifle the plants and over heat the dupe. Yeah... Looks like I'll have to rethink it.

It's used in last verson

In temp build you can just find a gayser to get water for O2 , use shower and toilet for fertilizer

5 hours ago, IDKDude said:

I don't think mealworms take up fertilizer.

The problem is, that mealwood plants only last 3 harvests now. If you imprison a dupe in a cell with no infinite mealwood seeds he will run out of food one day. If you chose blossoms you will need fertilizer and to get that you have to let your dupes get out of there cells.

I've toyed around with this idea. I don't know how functional an individual cell would be, because of the food issues. But you should be able to build a little prison and have other dupes (Guards?) deliver food through a corner or airlock system. My idea is that these dupes would purely run on wheels all day. Although it seemed excessive so never bothered to build it...

Archived