1. 1. Was this topic useful?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral/Indifferent
  2. 2. Approve the tech?

• Yes
    • No
    • neutral/indifferent

Pressure control systems need powerful electronic systems to make them operate efficiently. As a requirement to make them function, the 2 kinds of default labs must be active to manage these systems, connected electronically to these devices. This, consequentially, makes yokels even worse than before.

But there's a bigger catch with this. Now even the tubing cannot handle atmospheric pressures higher than, let's say... 300 normally, or they break, and cause a gas/heat leak! 

Feature #1: Pressure Valve - You knew I would have such a valve. Max pressure level is 1500 on this.

Feature #2: Deep Atmospheric Tubing - These tubes can handle pressures up to 1500 points, but they are extremely cold!

Feature #3: Hyperbolic Generator - The upgrade for the Thermodynamics unit. Allows the special walls to handle pressures up to 1500, easing the internal and external strains on the situation massively. Further, suited forces can refill and decontaminate at this location. The cost is high, however. This device slowly turns the atmosphere from natural to artificial - about 3% each per day dependent on size and pressure, and draws small levels of oxygen from the compression tanks as well.

Feature #4: Pressure Control Unit - has 3 inputs and outputs, 3x3 size. But the advantage is that you can choose the % flows of water and oxygen through these inputs and outputs, allowing for more control over the flow of the gasses and liquids. Each side can only total 100% at best, and the minimum intake with each connector is 5%. 

Feature #5: Hyperbolic Training Unit - Requires oxygen from the compression technology to use, along with moderate electrical requirements. Trains people to have the trait 'Hyperbolic Training' over the course of about 5 days. Diver's lungs, claustrophobia, and mouth breathers cannot use this. Further, requires strength and athletic ratings of at least 8. If a fast learner does this, diver's lungs, claustrophobia, and mouth breather is lost. The chamber is rather cold.

Limitations: Each dupe cannot have more than 3 positive and negative traits. Fast learner Is the exception to all training conditions and hazards, but that affects the time and risks involved. In this case, diver's lungs = 3  days, mouth breather = 7 days, claustrophobia = 12 days. However, those penalties would cause extreme fatigue as well, and possibly even intentional suicide with claustrophobia.

Feature #6: Atmospheric Generator - For moderate amounts of electricity, this device will generate quite a lot of a chosen gas(enough to cover 12 dupes usually). However, it's very cold, takes up 5x5 space, and provides 100% artificial air as well. This device needs a deep tube connected from the hyperbolic chamber and a compression tank to operate. Allows pressure control as well but higher pressures need more electricity as well.

2 hours ago, Executive_Lurker said:

I'm usually against things with requirements or utilities that can't be understood at a glance. From the way the devs talk they wanna keep it as simple as possible from an interface point of view. And this is too complex for the direction the game is going. 

There's already numbers indicating the level of gasses. Thus, it's not complex at all.

The limitations section is pretty complicated. I don't understand what you mean by the gases. The gas layout isn't as complex as a bunch of requirements. I just mean that the "this dupe will take this long to train vs this dupe will take that long to train" thing isn't a good idea. Also did you mean hyperbaric chamber?

5 hours ago, Executive_Lurker said:

The limitations section is pretty complicated. I don't understand what you mean by the gases. The gas layout isn't as complex as a bunch of requirements. I just mean that the "this dupe will take this long to train vs this dupe will take that long to train" thing isn't a good idea. Also did you mean hyperbaric chamber?

Thanks for the misspelling. If you look at the number in the game, the gasses have such. that number.

You limit heat, you limit electricity, so the gas pressure matters too.

I watched, it's enough. But somehow, I knew there would be extreme aggression and condemnation.

It all begins with rejection. But mark my words, it will get worse - much worse.

You have no idea just how often I eventually get banned.

The first sign has already culminated. They don't respect my golden intents. I'm quite literally the exception to rules and regulations. But I guarantee it - they won't care. Nor will you??

Isn't hyperbolic chamber a fictional thing from DBZ? I wasn't trying to point out a misspelling just genuinely curious as to what your thought process was for that. I looked it up and all I got was the DBZ thing. There is such a thing as a hyberbaric chamber but that is probably already represented in the game by the rejuvinator (haven't needed to build it yet). Regardless, all the crap about divers lung dupes needing such and such time to train and the general numerical madness that is this suggestion is IS more complex than the incredibly simple mouse over oxygen display (or the oxygen report if that's what you were talking about). Stuff like this makes you want to stop playing the game. Stuff like this is why I quit MTG (yes I played MTG, I know people, I know) Tbh ONI is complicated enough but delving into this tech and managing all of THAT... I, for one, am not up for it. You may be, but I am not. Also you should get the game before recommending such in depth stuff. I applaud you for this and I do nosh on some (very few) of your suggested techs but this is too much and I think most would agree.

Actually, you should google it. It's often used for pilots and divers nowadays. Think of it as a way to train pressure.

Oxygen not included deals with gasses. It's only natural that pressure control is vital for the more advanced technologies. So, this is my regulated take on that.

I only explained the technical data of the thing generally. The idea is pressure training and capacity in this case.

Archived