Purifier station, lashing out, and more.

Been giving this game a large bash lately. It's fun, mostly, but sometimes stuff happens that just shouldn't.

To begin with, the purfier station. The point of this is to clean up contaminated water, both from showers and lavatories and lakes. Then, ideally, let the clena water back into a clean  source. Good-u so far. But, the problem is that the purfier pumps water that has not been cleaned due to a lack of sand as well. This punishes one mistake significantly and makes clean up efforts that much more difficult. I believe it would be more enjoyable for everyone if the purifer simply did not pump out contaminated water at all - just make it do nothing until here be sand. 

When duplicants lash out, they sometimes go and do something else entierly then come back and finish their vandalism. Believe me, a person who is enraged to the point of smashing up things that his life depends on do NOT care for anything else there and then, be it hygiene, work, or taking a dump. It's also disorienting on the head.

Are we getting a way to get rid of duplicants? Sometimes they are just more of a burden than they are worth. To add to the gameplay, there could be an option to kill off a duplicant and then either bury or eat the duplicant. This could provide an additional food source but would of course mean stress and risk of diseases. It would be a way to gamble high for those who are so inclined.

Sometimes, duplicants gets stuck on clearly climbable ladders or will not for whatever reason begin climbing and will just jump in place. This is a menace, especially if they're somewhere not fit for breathing.

As a personal idea, we should be able to assign priorities in the duplicants tasks on an individual level. This would make management deeper but more rewarding.

you can already assign specific tasks to each individual duplicant through one of the menu's at the top right (pretty sure it's just called "jobs" but i don't remember for sure) but you still would have to queue things up like mopping and such.

to get rid of the duplicants that are causing problems there is a work around, dig yourself a small little area, queue up a couple tiles to block it off, then click the troublemaker and click "move to" and send him into the death hole, and continue to use the "move to" function to keep him in there until other duplicants can block him in

Some additional things I forgot to say. don't mean to bump this but there's no edit button, thanks Klei.

Duplicants who are currently losing stress or maintaining a steady level due to a stress reliveing activity should not just get up and start breaking things or hurl all over the floor. After all, they are supposed to be helped by it, not have a response that is exactly what they had at HIGHER levels. That makes no sense and is really annoying.

Duplicants who wake up to take a crap shoud NOT accrue the interrupted sleep status. We've all woken up having to go to the bathroom, but it doesn't stress you out because it's a very normal experience and usually you just go right back to sleep, which is exactly what the duplicants do. So either they're a special case or just extremely needy, which is not indicated whatsoever. In short, it isn't stressful because it's very normal. 

13 minutes ago, mr_anderson said:

Yea. Eather make dupes not get stressed while taking a poo during night or make the ai visit the bathroom right before bed time.

I refuse to believe that these spacefarers have not learned that neglecting nature's call before bed is a bad idea! Seriously, I already have to stop them from digging their own grave, literally. I do not want to potty train them too.

Archived