How bout and Area Roam button on duplicants

On top of having a check box system for the duplicant's tasks, how about in the duplicant's box when you click them (on top of the "move here" command) Have a "Roaming" command or better phrased "Area of Operations" command where you click and drag over the area you want the duplicant to roam and complete tasks in that area. I think it would be easier to separate work load like this and be able to have dedicated areas for certain characters. (ex: Keep researchers from leaving the area of research stations if the queue runs out. Or having a group stay back and maintain the base while others go and farm/dig without having to worry about extras wandering off when their tasks are complete)

I second this idea. It always irritates me, when digger is researching and scientits is digging. Maybe than checkbox with tasks, it might be better to be able to set priority for each job. Meaning the dup wont do the job, unless the priority for the job it isn't greater than his set priority.

Forgot to mention one add-on to my original post: The only task duplicants leave their zones for (aside from manually telling them where to go) is to return to their beds at the end of a cycle. So they aren't forced to sleep in their assigned zone.

I like this. I also think it would cut down on the number of idle dupes and task that get lost in the shuffle. I cant tell you how annoying it is to have to re-prioritize whole building projects just to water plant or re-sand filters. or find 6 dupes just standing around. or find no research being done cause the researcher wandered off when the power went down for a short time and then dosen't get back tell the power is lost again only to repeat the cycle.

Archived