Could use more feedback on Cooking

There seems to be a bug where duplicants won't produce food with mashers unless uncontaminated water is provided to them? Only the duplicants seem to have no preference about where they draw water from, whether it's contaminated or not.

My duplicants starved in the end, even though I had 5 of them focused on cooking alone. Just a tooltip somewhere that says contaminated water doesn't work would suffice for now.

I also recommend easing up on the algae usage a little. The time-span given to perform all the necessary research is too short, and I repeatedly find it a close shave whether I get past the algae reliance phase without a systemic collapse :p  Mainly due to the unpredictability of the environment. My last playthrough I had planned to convert slime early on, but I had no slime accessible by the time things started running out. At the moment, the game seems too close to the edge of failure all the time; the early-game I think should be a bit more lenient.

Archived