Feedback after a single 8 hour playthrough

I liked the progression in this game. There was never a point at which I felt entirely comfortable, nor helpless, until the water started running out.

The last 2 hours of gameplay consisted of me digging out contaminated air and water to survive. The plan was to purify both, but they both just continued to run out. I can produce an oxygenated environment on just water, but that water seems to vanish into nothingness. I thought turning slime into algae and water was a good idea, until I realised the rate at which they produced it was insanely slow. I reckon if I had 10 of them going it still wouldn't be enough to sustain the oxygen required for my 10 duplicant colony, and that's a lot of power to run, space to mine out and slime to collect. My last grasp at life was to flood my entire base with contaminated water from a pool that I'd mined out way above, and direct it all into my water reserve. 

If there is an entirely renewable existence in this game, it is incredibly difficult to achieve. My first recommendation, while alpha is going, is to make the slime machine much more efficient, produce a lot more water and algae. That way the game progresses in the direction of what to do about the accumulation of hydrogen. And then long-term, what to do about running out of slime.

My second recommendation is for the duplication machine to go quiet once my colony reaches larger numbers. I find myself irritated by it's constant noise as I progress through the latter stages of survival. 

These are just a couple of simple fixes to enable further progress, beyond day 80 that is...

Archived