Fungi farming/ bioluminescence

I think it would be interesting if fungi was added in various forms 

1 being an oxygen producer but needing compost and a warm environment possibly with steam 

2 can be farmed for food fast growing but could give off bad gasses due to its smell or such to make it harder/ balanced 

3 used as a light source and make the are look nice but takes up a fair amount of room 

4 grows around contaminated water but can either filter it over time yet lets out co2 

5 can be aggressive and used as new threat 

Might be more ideas see how people think about this 

Remember, fungi breathe oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, just as humans do; the mushroom cell needs and uses the same basic building blocks. I like the idea of them slowly absorbing contaminated water and converting to clean water or do the same with contaminated O2

1 hour ago, Mcleane said:

Remember, fungi breathe oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, just as humans do; the mushroom cell needs and uses the same basic building blocks. 

This is true yes but i was thinking of a possible alien fungi in addition to normal ones (being in space and all)

However saying that if they just did it as food and water cleansing then the additional issue of it just producing co2 would be a good balance 

Archived