Making a new agent?

Hola

I want to make an agent with the appearance of the sniper from the "advanced guard protocol" mod with the ability to tag guards like the voight (sp?) scan ability from the API example mod with a handgun instead of a neuraliser. Background: former FTM guard that had a change of heart and stole prototype scanning equipment before making an exit. This is one of those games where the enemies look more badass than the playable characters and as soon as i saw what amounted to a splinter cell agent character i said "i must have it"

Problem is, i'm a novice and very lazy. So i thought what i'd do is use an existing agent as a template and replace the sprites with the sniper's because i noticed that the agents rather than guards have more sprites in general. In my quest to cut corners wherever possible, i assume this crude merge will let the existing agent fill out the new agent's missing sprites.

Currently though, i haven't even figured out how to repackage the folder back into KWAD. I have made the build.lua in the KWADTool folder but don't know what to put inside the build.bat file.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Ok i'm able to convert the folder back into kwad but even if i make no changes, the agent is invisible unless taking cover.

The KWADTool extracts the kwad into pngs that I can work with but when I repackage it using the KWAD builder i get the above issue. The KWAD Extractor of course extracts the files, but I can't even view the images - they show up as png or mdl. It also creates a separate "TEX" file and it appears the builder can't do anything with it. It seems to me that there are some pretty serious conversion issues going on here.

Even if you can't advise me on the technical stuff, i wouldn't mind some suggestions for the agent loadout in case i do figure this out. I was thinking instead of the overpowered perma-tag augment, he could have the one that lets you peek though doors as if they were open - this would be like having the optic cable that can be fed under doors. Also maybe an emp pack or buster chip? I mean all you do in splinter cell is sneak and hack things - i'm just trying to stick that uh... theme?

Sorry I can't help, I'm new to this also, but hopefully you get some insight into the KWAD extractor - sounds like a good idea for an agent!

I'm having to skip sprites myself since my extractor fails to convert .mdl files into .png, and the .png files it does spit out have their red and blue channels swapped.

It's a bit discouraging...

[edit]

Oh, hey, this might be useful - 

Yeah i got help from shirsh on steam. He gave me anim files for the guard i'm looking for and the animations worked perfectly after that. Now i only have to iron out minor things like pictures, the game assumes they have transparent background on a couple so it they get blown up and simply shrinking the pic or increasing canvas size doesn't appear to do anything.

Do you have steam? Contact him yourself, he's really helpful.

Archived