Difficulty Levels and Level Generation

Firstly, I love the game, best money I've spent, I just hope I don't get bored of it.

I like to play the game casually, I see people on here getting 300+ cycles and that's great for them, I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. I just enjoy killing time on a game every now and then. That's why, I wish there was a difficulty setting. The difficulty could involve the pace of the game, like how fast dupes consume oxygen, etc., or the place where you start out. I prefer the latter. Perhaps the "safe" brown zone could be larger, or have more water/algae. I just like to have a casual game every now and then.

I know that the level generation is somewhat random, but is there a minimum amount of certain resources that have to be present, in a certain location, in relation to other things, etc. Some games its algae everywhere and you're still harvesting it past cycle 30. Other games there's barely any of it AND it's located all the way on the bottom edge, before the contaminated area.

Just my 2 cents

Archived