The piping, carbon dioxide and algae terrariums IMPORTANT

Piping: When trying to transfer liquids into a bigger collective tank the transfer takes way too long. Many cycles went by and I had still barely gotten even a quarter of the water into my tank. It'd be nice if the process could go a lot quicker or at least let us research something to speed it up.

Carbon Dioxide: This has been the biggest nuisance for me because it sometimes appears as though it comes out of no where. I've went from almost no CO2 messing up my base to the whole base being filled up in one cycle. It's weird and I don't know if it's a bug. I ended up having to go back on an old save file because the change was so drastic.

Algae Terrariums: Though in the details it says it's consuming CO2 it barely does on my  base. I've put a whole row trying to solve my CO2 problem and still had difficulty because I was also trying to conserve algae. Sometimes they appear to just not work at all even though they're fully stocked with materials and a light is shed on them. The terrariums are a great idea but sometimes seem extremely inefficient though they're supposed to be working.

Thoughts so far: I'm liking the game so far, it's just the pace of the piping and the CO2 that appear to be the biggest problems. Crippling problems. For me, anyway.

i concur , piping , lack of algae and the general utilities side of it is not working for me i have to say , i appreciate its meant to be tough i really do , i even know my people will eventually die once water runs out etc i get that but let us have a fighting chance or at very least sort the piping , and oxygen side of it so we can at least use a bit of strategy to it

15 hours ago, wizardpope said:

Carbon Dioxide: This has been the biggest nuisance for me because it sometimes appears as though it comes out of no where. I've went from almost no CO2 messing up my base to the whole base being filled up in one cycle. It's weird and I don't know if it's a bug. I ended up having to go back on an old save file because the change was so drastic.

One thing I've noticed is that when I let my O2 levels drop, the reduced pressure allows the CO2 at the bottom of my base to expand significantly and intermix much more.  Can't be sure if that's your issue but it might be worth looking at....

15 hours ago, wizardpope said:

Algae Terrariums: Though in the details it says it's consuming CO2 it barely does on my  base. I've put a whole row trying to solve my CO2 problem and still had difficulty because I was also trying to conserve algae. Sometimes they appear to just not work at all even though they're fully stocked with materials and a light is shed on them. The terrariums are a great idea but sometimes seem extremely inefficient though they're supposed to be working.

CO2 tends to go down as it's heavier that oxygen. So if you set your algae terrariums where there are no co2 - it's not unnatural that it isn't removed. 

2 hours ago, Sneeky_Breeky said:

CO2 tends to go down as it's heavier that oxygen. So if you set your algae terrariums where there are no co2 - it's not unnatural that it isn't removed. 

Fam I already know that. I build my base on parallel floors with permeable tiles and air locks. So that all the CO2 drops to a bottom level with terrariums. Even though all the CO2 is dropping it's still not removing fully.

2 hours ago, Tinsoldier said:

One thing I've noticed is that when I let my O2 levels drop, the reduced pressure allows the CO2 at the bottom of my base to expand significantly and intermix much more.  Can't be sure if that's your issue but it might be worth looking at....

I don't think that is my issue, thanks though. Because my oxygen producing machines stop producing oxygen because it says its reached the max pressure

Archived