A few ideas

Been playing 24 hours now almost non-stop. Few things I've been thinking of. First, The gas pump should be able to pump oxygen so you can create an air circulation system! I tried that and was most disappointed when it didn't work =(. Second, External room hoppers or such. I'd like to be able to create a coal power system and seal it off so my workers don't have to enter the area. Let them load the coal externally through a hatch/hopper.

Other than that the game obviously needs optimization big time. after 30-40 cycles it starts getting real skippy even on top tier machines. I'll post more ideas daily as they come to me.

Why does CO2 stick to the floors? That's completely contrary to real life! In elementary school they teach children that in event of a fire they should stick to the floor because the smoke rises. CO2 rises as it is lighter than oxygen. Getting the gases to seperate into the appropriate layers should be a pivotal point here.

As I understand it from real life physics. CO2 is heavier than air, but it will rise due to heat or something.

I'm not sure how it exactly works in the game, but I don't think all of the CO2 is generated from heat sources. Which is (I assume) why you see some CO2 in the air, and most on the ground. Or maybe in my case it just stays in the air because I'm bad :p

Well, It's represented as smoke actually. But I was thinking on it and actually, the way physics works; it wouldn't necessarily go UP... considering this is an asteroid. I mean, an asteroid wouldn't have proper gravity anyway so how how are our dupes appearing to have proper gravity in effect?

You are right the molar mass of CO2 is higher than O2, Obviously... <.< I shoulda realized XD but yea they represent it as smoke... It does make sense though. Here's another thing. A bi-product of BREATHING is CO2. The Dupes breathing should produce CO2 and the plants should also USE CO2 and PRODUCE O2.

Well it's less about the graphical representation and more about the fact it's CO2 ingame. So if it's merely a graphical thing perhaps smoke isn't the best choice. CO2 DOES sink below O2 though as far as physics go though so they have that right.

Algae Terrarium and other such Gas Consuming structures should say the rate at which they consume gases so we can plan our bases out better. I was making terrariums for my coal plants and was trying to optimize but all i have to go on is the oxygen production rate not the CO2 consumption rate. How do i know it's 1:1?

If interested please feel free to watch and follow my twitch stream https://www.twitch.tv/minalia I'm new and still getting sorted out!

Archived