need help with animation in DST (very specific problems)

Hey folks!
This is the first time I tried to build an own mod. So far so good, everything is drawn and implemented - but wait, there are three problems!
1. When I choose my character it is displayed with the hair over her body. (Theres one animation (when she waves) where the body actually overlaps the hair)
2. When I join the newly generated world the hair only overlays her left (right from my pov) arm.
3. Hats basically float above her head and I have absolutely no clue how to change that.

I have never worked with Spriter so far but apart from these three issues everything is working great. I used the template for DST (the one woth the cat girl) and a tutorial I found on youtube, by the way.

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance!

Klei_Screen1.jpg

Klei_Screen2.jpg

Klei_Screen3.jpg

It looks like the Z Order got mixed up in your spriter file. When you open up Spriter the left hand side will display the Z Index. This is basically layers in Spriter. Also when making a character with long hair you should use the pigtail folder for any hair that should appear behind the character, right now it looks like you might be doing it all on just the hair layer which will appear over the body.

I am going to go out on a limb with the hair issue, as i'm sure this was someone else's solution, but I haven't tried it out as I haven't had the need to yet. but in spriter, there are layers to the animation. the ones that are above the others will be shown before, and vice versa. you can just move the hair file below the body and see if that works. I have an image attached below that explains this better, using my own mod.

now for the hat, I have run into the same issue. did you work off the extended sample character? that character is a short one, and not a good one to work off of unless you know how to change the height.

to do this, you will have to either move the head up yourself on the image canvas in the image editing program, (just select the head and move it upwards a bit, and perhaps even make the head larger, as the extended same character gave a small head for a base.)

or, in spriter, you can move it yourself with the pivots. (i literally JUST learned how to do this from RedHairedHero lol)

pivots are the red dots that will pop up when you select a part in Spriter. move the pivot where you want it to go, and right click, then select 'override default pivot'.

I know I'm a terrible explainer so if you don't understand something I will make an image explaining things visually instead (like what I've attached down below)

good luck on your mod, it looks awesome!

explaination.png

7 hours ago, RedHairedHero said:

It looks like the Z Order got mixed up in your spriter file. When you open up Spriter the left hand side will display the Z Index. This is basically layers in Spriter. Also when making a character with long hair you should use the pigtail folder for any hair that should appear behind the character, right now it looks like you might be doing it all on just the hair layer which will appear over the body.

That's actually what I initially thought so I moved the hair layer underneath every other one in Spriter - which unfortunately didnt help. 
BUt I'm gonna try the tipp with the pigtail folder next - I was fairly confused because in the template the hair folder only included the ears.
Thank you! I hope the pigtails will help

7 hours ago, FrontierHero said:

I am going to go out on a limb with the hair issue, as i'm sure this was someone else's solution, but I haven't tried it out as I haven't had the need to yet. but in spriter, there are layers to the animation. the ones that are above the others will be shown before, and vice versa. you can just move the hair file below the body and see if that works. I have an image attached below that explains this better, using my own mod.

now for the hat, I have run into the same issue. did you work off the extended sample character? that character is a short one, and not a good one to work off of unless you know how to change the height.

to do this, you will have to either move the head up yourself on the image canvas in the image editing program, (just select the head and move it upwards a bit, and perhaps even make the head larger, as the extended same character gave a small head for a base.)

or, in spriter, you can move it yourself with the pivots. (i literally JUST learned how to do this from RedHairedHero lol)

pivots are the red dots that will pop up when you select a part in Spriter. move the pivot where you want it to go, and right click, then select 'override default pivot'.

I know I'm a terrible explainer so if you don't understand something I will make an image explaining things visually instead (like what I've attached down below)

good luck on your mod, it looks awesome!

explaination.png

Unfortunately I tried moving the hair in Spriter already. But RedHairedHero had an idea I'm gonna try.

As for the hat issue - I was afraid that she was smaller and that that would be the only issue. Honestly, why would you give a sample for a character that is so unique as the little cat girl? :D man... Anyway, thanks for your approach, I'm gonna try changing her height with your tipps!
And thanks for the compliment :)

4 hours ago, RedHairedHero said:

You can move the pivot points for each pigtail. To do this click on the pigtail in Spriter, move the red dot to where you'd like it to be positioned, change the angle to what you'd like, right click the dot and choose Overwrite Default Pivot. Hope this helps.

It didn't help, unfortunately. I don't get it... But in the end the template character is too small anyway and th game crashes when my boyfriend and I try to play together with both our mods. 
I'm neother a programmer nor a game developper in the end so I take it as experience and stick to existing characters.

Thanks anyway!