The game has beautiful graphics and sound design as we've come to expect from a Klei game. For an Alpha, it has been stable for me. I realize it is a sandbox game so what you do with it open ended, however, I feel it needs some more story elements if I'm going to keep coming back to it. Is there something I'm trying to accomplish (send aid to the people who put me here), something I'm trying to discover (why am I on this asteroid) or is there a competitive aspect to it (I'm I competing to support the most duplicants?).  Right now there isn't much story and I don't feel a connection to my dups (if one dies, we can print another one). There are a lot of good elements and the game has a lot of potential so for the Alpha stage it is in good shape but hopefully the community will help push it in a direction where we can connect more to the story (I'm thinking of A Dark Room) or the characters. 

So if we went with what you said, then the game should keep some stats on that. It should show your history of colonies and how successful they were. I don't think this game is unique enough (I've played several similar ones...it has elements of Rimworld and Starbound) to take a Minecraft, do whatever approach. As I said, the art, the sound design and also the details of the simulation are better than what I've seen but I don't find it addicting as of yet. I'm not drawn back asking what can I do or find out next.

Archived